306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Parcel shelf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my second attempt at making a standard shelf subtly stand out, the first consisted of two vibe se 345w speakers sat in original speaker housings with the amp on show
If I done this I would wake up in the morning to a broken window and no amp hahaha
Bodeged underneath

Lol rough area bud? Live in the sticks so got an advantage ;-)

Went shopping and bought myself an equinox "stealth shelf" i plan to mount to small vibe slick speakers with tweeters and cross overs, a jbl 1000w amp that needs a refurb and repainting (doing this week) and a 2000w vibe wiring kit as im gonna be splicing the power feed for boot mounted cigerete port and so on

Speakers[attachment=3633]

Wiring kit[attachment=3634]

Jbl amp[attachment=3635]
Amp being dismantled[attachment=3636]
And thats as far as ive got tonight, gonna spray the amp fully satin black i thinck a just highlight bits in white, no sticker bombing this time as it faded quickly
may overheat there, hight of summer sun baking through the back window . . . Smile
Didnt have a problem this year but then again it was a smaller amp and i drove with the windows open nonestop, better its out in the open to get air over the heatsinks rather than strapped to the back of the sub and rammed against the backsits like most people do
(25-11-2012, 07:49 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: [ -> ]If I done this I would wake up in the morning to a broken window and no amp hahaha

This.

I wouldnt be happy leaving anything like that on show on top of the parcel shelf. I'd much rather have everything hidden away and looking nice and OEM.

Each to their own though! Wink
I always try to be different lol
Fair play for doing something different but the chavs around by me would have that out ur car the first night it go parked up lol I wouldn't consider it being ruff but then agen I have grew up livening ea lol Smile
Hopefully wont get my rear window popped out :-\ anyone who does will be man hunted lol
Got the paint after having to wait for my wages to go through -.+ just waiting for my marvel comics to come through to "sticker bomb" (more like paper mashe) the center panel of the amp, fingers crossed it looks good because im tempted todo the center consel with marvel comics to :-P
Not very subtle tbh
Fair comment lol
so... has anything actually happened with this?
After having alot of upheavel just latley i finally got round to doing the parcel shelf, after reading a few comments and hearing my mates car get broken into i decided maybe it was best not to put the speakers etc on show.
Started by buying a vibe 400w amp and comic bombing it[attachment=3847]
Complete amp [attachment=3848]
Then stripped the original speaker pods out and fitted the new vibe slick 6.5's in that fitted absolutley perfectly, unfortunatley the oem screw holes didnt match up but the clips in the pods are more than man enough to secure the speakers[attachment=3849]
Decided to use the original wires set in the parcel shelf for one of the speakers to avoid a mass of wiring, just had to remove the plug and crimp the terminals a little tighter[attachment=3850]

After that i reused the old plug and soldered it to the new speaker wire[attachment=3851] then it was just a case of bolting on the amp and tidying the wires to it [attachment=3852] tidy wires[attachment=3853]