306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: phase 3 downlift
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Want to look at putting a ph 1 front end on my ph 3 hdi,
So far seem to have sorced the bits i need for a stupidly cheap price (£60), the bits im getting for the conversion are as follows:
Bonnet
Grille
Hockey sticks
Headlights
Slam panel (dont know if thats what its called)
Bumper
Is there anything ive over looked?? Comparing the two front ends the only difference i can see in the wings is just the height of the bump strips. Any help very much apreciatrd
I'd say you've got everything covered there.
Make sure you've got the bonnet release catch and cable too, they're different between phases
Also you will have to budge the wiring for the headlights etc as the connectors are different. A mate of mine has done this. And thats a problem he found
Was going to fit bonnet catches as smoothing the door locks off (barrels dont match the key lol)
Cheers
Butcher the wires / plug out of the phase3 headlights and make them fit the phase1 lights? Or hard wire them in?
Already sussed the lights lol, visited a scrappy and helped myself to the plugs i required from the loom
Or buy a complete lock set off me Wink
Naa prefer to remove them as removing the aerial and smoothing the boot to, car needs a respray so just going to sort everything like that out, cheers for offering though
No worrys mate I take it you will be fitting a aftermarket alarm to lock/unlock the car invade the standard key fob packs up Smile
I'm breaking a phase 1 if need anything
Yup, slso got a sneaky cable realese hidden to open the boot from the outside
Sounds like you have got it all covers then mate Smile get a project thread up Big Grin
I would bud but it would be abit of a slow one lol, deadline for body work is french car show but spraying aint gonna happen for a while so she'll look like a shed, will do a thread when i get the ball rolling :-) sourcing shiz to have a good assualt at it in one go, once ive got all the front end bits theyll be sat up for winter ready for the new year hopefuly with a break in the wether to fit the parts
Nice one mate sounds like its going to be a nice lil project Smile
what are you planning to do with your 3 front end? as im looking to facelift my 2...
Sell but i started smoothing the front bumper and never finished it
any pics of this conversion?
Yeah been a while since i did any work because of the weather in norfolk, got all the parts but only managed to put the front end on, looks like a shed atm but gonna paint it once its all done

This was a mock of the bumper on the old slam panel to test if i could use the phase 3 slam pan, unfortunatley you cant because of the headlights and bonnet latch[attachment=5844]
Picture of bonnet and grille on[attachment=5845]
With having to use a phase 1 slam panel it then ment i had to weld the bracket for the phase 3 expansion bottle to the slam panel and had to ziptie the rad(this is being ditched this weekend for a phase 1 dturbo rad with the built in bottle)[attachment=5846]

This is what it looked liked after ( ignore the smoothed bumper as thats going, just after this pic it snowed and like a novice i crashed and buggered the bumper up, got a new one waiting to go on again this weekend, wings also need to be changed as there still ph3 and thetes a nadty headlight gap)[attachment=5847]
After this i decided to work on the cars handerling. Blistein b4 shocks and spax 40mm springs[attachment=5848]
205 1.9gti alloys, £42.50 ebay bargin![attachment=5849]
And an omp strut brace (had to bend the ecu plate to fit it and raise the phase 1 bonnet)[attachment=5850]
Ooh ph1, I like a nice ph1 but they are so old and tired nowadays unless you have deep pockets lol
Car now sits like this (before bonnet raise and strut brace)[attachment=5851]
Fitted a tiny 280mm steering wheel to be a tart [attachment=5852]
And gti 6 headrest as i hate meridian ones[attachment=5853]

Sorry ive been short and sweet as the misses is waiting to watch a film, its getting there but still have alot to do :-\

To do list:
Ph 1 wings
Ph1 boot
Ph1 rear lights
New rad setup
307 hdi injectors (mine rattle again!)
Fmic
Remap
Respray!!!!!

Lol my pockets are deep ;-) this is more a labour of love
Also ph3 shell is galvanised so no rot!
phase 1 hdi is something ive been waiting for someone to do Smile

you going the whole hog and going phase 1 rear light clusters too?
In my todo list above bud
you should get it resprayed in moonstone blue, a color phase 1 never came in but would give people who know anything about 306's a clue that it might be an hdi (apart from the number plate obviously)
Belive they didnt come in china blue, it was nile blue, might put the hdi badges back on
oh yeah, good point lol. really like this idea in general though Smile
Cheers :-) pulling my finger out now so watch this space :-P
That must be horrible to drive with a 280mm wheel..
(25-03-2013, 09:56 PM)identitidrjekyll Wrote: [ -> ]Also ph3 shell is galvanised so no rot!

I thought that was a myth and none were galvanised ?
Pages: 1 2