306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Headphone amplifier!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are they anygood? Worth buying? Im cheap as shit so i found this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Match-6xxx-12x...1c2da567be
I play drums, so i load up music from youtube on my laptop plug my headphones in and away i go but its just not loud enough, Is a headphone amplifier wat i should be looking at or would i be better off buying headphones with bigger drivers? Bear in mind im using some sony ericsson ones atm that came with my brothers phone lol
You can get 5.1 headphones for pc. Get them, theyre awesome
Just bumping this up again! Will better headphones be louder? Must be in ear ones and cheap :p

Headphone amplifier good idea or no?
https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sugexp=l...15&bih=526

Have built in sub woofers. Are really impressive
Bit expensive for me tbh... The best headphones i ever bought were 25quid skullcandys and i thought they were brilliant! Big Grin
For £25 you're not going to get good headphones
Not by other peoples standards ... Obviously my "good" is alot lower than others Big Grin Anyway back to the original point :p
i use my gaming head phones (titron AX 120 AFAIK)
they are amped Big Grin
ill be buying a set of these come pay day to see what theyre like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190732813327?_...97.c0.m619
I need in ear.. They look good for the price though! Diggers i had a skullcandy headset but it got broken Sad
tube amp ohhhhohohohhhhhh
I'm afraid I will be hated in this thread... Skullcandy are wank, 5.1 headphones are wank, if you want loud headphones you want closed back headphones, which are shaped like dustbins and sound equivalently the same as bashing a dustbin...

Get yourself a pair of Denon D2000s, they are NOT cheap, but then they are about the best closed backs you can get without spending mad money... Even a set of d1000s wouldn't be a bad choice.... A headphone amp probably would be a good idea, but you might find it better to get a DAC with amp built in... A laptops standard AC'97 or Intel HD dac simply isn't up to the job really...

If you are going to see the light and get a set of open backs, get aset of Sennheiser HD515s or 555s... Very impressive headphones, used to have a set of 515s and for the price they are darned good... In a way I wish I hadn't sold them to buy my 595s, they're not enough better to justify the outlay...

Rant over...
Might sound random, but why not just bang a pair of ear defenders on over the headphones? Worked a treat for me when i played drums, looked daft as feck, but who's watching.
how is your pc not loud enough? mine could blow my ears to smitherines! If youre playing music and videos look for vlc player as you can go to 200% volume on that. I would have thought there is some software to up the volume somewhere.
(29-11-2012, 05:44 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid I will be hated in this thread... Skullcandy are wank, 5.1 headphones are wank, if you want loud headphones you want closed back headphones, which are shaped like dustbins and sound equivalently the same as bashing a dustbin...
Glad someone said it! I've never worked out why they have a 'good' name.

For a reasonable price you can get a low end set of seinheisers, always good sound but may be a little over £25.
But if volumes a big part I would go over ear you can get better quality sound for the money
SRowell Wrote:If youre playing music and videos look for vlc player as you can go to 200% volume on that. I would have thought there is some software to up the volume somewhere.

I have to say this has to be one of the best posts yet...
(29-11-2012, 06:47 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]how is your pc not loud enough? mine could blow my ears to smitherines! If youre playing music and videos look for vlc player as you can go to 200% volume on that. I would have thought there is some software to up the volume somewhere.

lmao

yeah ruan agreed. skullcandy is utter crap. Almost as bad as them over priced plastic beats crap!
i like my £25 sony ear bud thingies. im deaf as a door post so i cant hear half of what im listening to anyway, no point spending anymore then £25 for me
(29-11-2012, 10:40 PM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]i like my £25 sony ear bud thingies. im deaf as a door post so i cant hear half of what im listening to anyway, no point spending anymore then £25 for me

what?
im deaf, not blind, you tard.
(29-11-2012, 06:47 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]how is your pc not loud enough? mine could blow my ears to smitherines! If youre playing music and videos look for vlc player as you can go to 200% volume on that. I would have thought there is some software to up the volume somewhere.
This would work buuuuuuut i source all my music from youtube and im using a laptop which is just not loud enough Sad

(29-11-2012, 07:18 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-11-2012, 05:44 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid I will be hated in this thread... Skullcandy are wank, 5.1 headphones are wank, if you want loud headphones you want closed back headphones, which are shaped like dustbins and sound equivalently the same as bashing a dustbin...
Glad someone said it! I've never worked out why they have a 'good' name.

For a reasonable price you can get a low end set of seinheisers, always good sound but may be a little over £25.
But if volumes a big part I would go over ear you can get better quality sound for the money
Need in ear as they help block out some of the sound and they're compfortable and what im used to etcetc
Yeah I think this says a lot - Youtube music isn't music... The tones of pacman and Atari games from the 1980s were higher quality than Youtube streams audio...
(29-11-2012, 06:32 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Might sound random, but why not just bang a pair of ear defenders on over the headphones? Worked a treat for me when i played drums, looked daft as feck, but who's watching.

Thats a good idea but i'd rather make the music louder than the drums quieter... Because im a noisey bastard Smile
get some proper closed back headphones. making them louder will just do you damage (they are limited to a certain level for a reason...)
i presume you guys are taking the piss that you cant up the volume with software? Its well known that with the android phones and some sony ericcsson ones the sound limiter will stop people playing their music too loud. You have to use some software to reset the limit higher or use a program to up the volume of the file!
(29-11-2012, 10:48 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]get some proper closed back headphones. making them louder will just do you damage (they are limited to a certain level for a reason...)

yep, i can vouch for this also, i cant hear shit, but i can vouch for it
(29-11-2012, 10:49 PM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-11-2012, 10:48 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]get some proper closed back headphones. making them louder will just do you damage (they are limited to a certain level for a reason...)

yep, i can vouch for this also, i cant hear shit, but i can vouch for it

what?
But what im saying is that im not going ear damaging loud. The headphones are quiet and i think should be louder i dont think im pushing them or anything.
speak up sonny, i cant hear you if you whisper!!
(29-11-2012, 10:52 PM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]speak up sonny, i cant hear you if you whisper!!

pardon?
Pages: 1 2