306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: rear beam stock height figures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys, as the subject surggests im after the stock height figures (the distance between the trailing arms and the mounting) as ive puchased a gti rear beam thats lowered but i dont know to what degree.
Any help would be great, thanks in advance
Leave it lowered ninja
i will be doing so id just like to know if its going to be much lower than my -35mm front
Measure the distance between damper bolt holes. IIRC standard height is around 330mm distance between them. Every 10mm less = 15mm ride height drop.

So if the distance was 310mm it'd be lowered approx 30mm.
standard dist between damper bolts is 310mm, just measured it
cheers for that, it measures 318 centre to centre to approx 15-20mm drop, hmm may need to take a drive to KrisB after new years then
Sam is that with no load on the beam though? I'm talking distance between bolts with no preload on beam, ie remove dampers and allow full travel.
thats with it been sat in my garden for the best part of a month, no weight on it, totally free dampers too. suppose it might be marginally more with no dampers, but i wouldn't expect 20mm.... cant remember if we had to pressure on it to remove the dampers when we attempted lowering it (and failed i might add)
Well whatever it is, it will def need m0ar lows. So just lower it anyway.
(17-11-2012, 10:16 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]Well whatever it is, it will def need m0ar lows. So just lower it anyway.

he speaks sense.
yes more lows required, will be sorting soon
chances are if its been attacked already, it might come apart again fairly easily. worth a bash
Ill have to attack it once I get round to fitting it, cheers for the help regarding beam height guys