306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: bigger turbo on a astra 1.7 dti
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can i put a td04 or gt25 turbo on a astra 1.7 dti van ? their is room for it to fit but the turbo on it is much smaller,got a TD025 turbo, engine code Y17DT/L on at the moment....was thinking about making some adapter plates up and an oil return.
I'm sure it's easy to fit but aren't those cars ECU controlled?
yes its ecu,would that affect doing it ?
No not atall. I'd imagine you'd struggle get it to fuel the thing and be worth while. You don't see the HDi boys putting big turbo's on as they don't need them. Your probably better off putting on a GT17/20.
I looked into this for my dad. Stage 1 remap will take you up to about 100bhp, they can be pushed to 150 with cooling mods etc but its risky!
its my mates van,just trying to gather some views and info,will have a look at those turbo's and 150 is plenty mate.he's looking around 130.
Gearboxes are weak on these. Someone I know remapped from 100 to 130/140bhp it went well but the gearbox collapsed few hundred mile later.
Personally I'd leave it mate, I gave up on my dads.
The Izuzu lump is pretty strong but if its got a gm lump in it you may aswell scrap it now!
As said tho the gearboxes aren't the best as like 90% of vauxhalls!
I'd give up mate it's more hassle than its worth