306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Fibreglass Moulds!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fibreglass-pro...4abe24a483

looks pretty epic! Would be amazing if somebody could get them and then start making cheap parts for all of us!
(11-11-2012, 02:42 AM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fibreglass-pro...4abe24a483

looks pretty epic! Would be amazing if somebody could get them and then start making cheap parts for all of us!

Do it.
Dan? It's Norfolk
Cheap for how much cash they could make you
You could easily make you money back after the first batch! If I had 200 Quid I'd have these in a heart beat
Sor this the other day and wanted so so much
I'm willing to go halves with someone and then get high as feck in my garage! haha
(11-11-2012, 05:34 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]I'm willing to go halves with someone and then get high as feck in my garage! haha

done!
(11-11-2012, 05:34 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]I'm willing to go halves with someone and then get high as feck in my garage! haha

now I wish I had a spare hundred quid, I wanna fly! Big Grin

Get bidding then, I'll go halves!
Club business?
YES. Who's got the biggest garage?
I've got a caravan?
How would this work RE getting the finish on these. Im guessing its slap some fiberglass and resin on the molds, but how do you get them looking good?
ooooow !
(11-11-2012, 06:11 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]How would this work RE getting the finish on these. Im guessing its slap some fiberglass and resin on the molds, but how do you get them looking good?

generally grease the surface of the mould, slap a load of fibreglass is and press it in very wet i believe!
gel coat+dye/glassmat resine for strength
(11-11-2012, 06:11 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]How would this work RE getting the finish on these. Im guessing its slap some fiberglass and resin on the molds, but how do you get them looking good?

You lay up using gelcoat first.. then you don't have to paint it either, just mix whatever colour gelcoat you want!
(11-11-2012, 06:13 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]press it in very wet i believe!

Enough about your sex life, what about the molds?

Press it with what?
just by hand
Rollers/brushes, then clamp the two side of the mould together generally
Shame it's the wide arch kit! I would have bought this straight away if it was normal panels!! Just sell on once I had made a couple of each panel
Someone buy it so they can make me a bonnet/tailgate cheap Tongue
If it was postable i would buy it
its finished. did any of us win it?
lol, no that is just a pure coincidence, his mate has had his for a month now :p !
Or not...

Quote:No this is a different one he's had this for about a month now. I did she that one on eBay. Would that not be the same.as.a 306 then. Ie, dimentions?

:p
Lol. Still, good to know there's one out there we can use.