306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 205 DT vs CTR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Gives the Civic a good run for its money!

Couldn't think of any other section to post this in.
Nice video that. Would be good to know the spec of the 205
Yeah, trouble is I don't speak Portuguese
I'm fluent, but CBA to read it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrduXbB1Y...re=related

Another vid from the same cars by the looks?
i thought that was you there max lol, gives him a good run of its money!
I've most definitely never accelerated off a set of lights in my DT and definitely not been in front of a car that was definitely NOT an EP3 Type R....

Definitely not.

They just aren't that quick at ALL!

EDIT: They are definitely really fooking quick and I'd never accelerate at the same time as one...
To be fair, I took one on in the Skoda after its remap to about 205-210bhp and it pissed all over me until I started clawing it back around 50-60, they are f*cking quick cars....
(08-11-2012, 10:27 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair, I took one on in the Skoda after its remap to about 205-210bhp and it pissed all over me until I started clawing it back around 50-60, they are f*cking quick cars....

what type Rs? your skoda must of been broken. my 6 will keep neck and neck
My 205 at 28psi (before I had to turn it down for my insurance) from 70-110mph sticks with my mates 225 Audi TT with a freshly rebuilt engine with forged internals. This wasn't real BTW I imagined it all. It was in the TT's territory at those speeds, nice and streamline TT vs a blocky 205. From lower speeds I reckon I could pull. If there ever was a race that is.
(08-11-2012, 06:32 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: [ -> ]I'm fluent, but CBA to read it.
*video*

Another vid from the same cars by the looks?

From what I understand, that's someone from the same crowd, yeah...

(08-11-2012, 10:10 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]I've most definitely never accelerated off a set of lights in my DT and definitely not been in front of a car that was definitely NOT an EP3 Type R....

Definitely not.

They just aren't that quick at ALL!

EDIT: They are definitely really fooking quick and I'd never accelerate at the same time as one...

Still, fairly impressive for what most ignorant/retarded people would consider a "piece of french shit"

(08-11-2012, 10:33 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2012, 10:27 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair, I took one on in the Skoda after its remap to about 205-210bhp and it pissed all over me until I started clawing it back around 50-60, they are f*cking quick cars....

(S16 BV6 is a GTi6 btw)
Type Rs are nice to drive hard, but elsewhere are a bit of a chore, the K20 is the best incarnation for sure, but they arent that quick in reality... They're very similar to a GTi6 most of the time...
i've heard that a v70 estate will keep up with a '6 for a good while...
think civic Type Rs are 200bhp. i drove a s2000 and thats 240bhp and thats quick
VTEC noise Inlove
Only good thing about a k20 is the aggressiveness of VTEC crossover
(08-11-2012, 10:33 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]

Any Type R that a '6 can keep up with is seriously broken or being driven by a numpty who doesn't know they rev to 9k...
Seriously, a K20 type R isn't that quick, they're heavy as, they're 197hp, it'll overtake a GTi6 past about 85-90 but until then they're simply chasing the redline... Great engine, but in the EP3 just not that rapid really... 6.6 seconds to 60, which isn't anything special at all....
0-60 on CTRs is gonna be crap as you have to wait till about 6k before any power, thats 5k of waiting while the other car is pulling away.......It'll easy take a lot of 'normal' cars top end though.

Feeling 'quick' is all in the mind of the driver though. Liam, you seem to think a lot of cars are 'quick' or atleast 'not underpowered' (standard HDi for example) whereas to me they feel unbelievably slow, even on a stage 1 I don't find them 'quick' at all. And i often see posts where someone has said how 'quick' thier 1.6/1.8/HDi is, depends entirely on the user tbh.
tbf imho i doubt a 6 would keep with with a k20 civic! my cousins b16 169 bhp shits on them let alone an extra 30bhp or so with another gear in the box but hey thats just from what i know
meh
I'm prepared to put £1 on my estate giving a CTR a run for its money when the new turbo is fitted ninja
(10-11-2012, 06:36 PM)the milkman Wrote: [ -> ]tbf imho i doubt a 6 would keep with with a k20 civic! my cousins b16 169 bhp shits on them let alone an extra 30bhp or so with another gear in the box but hey thats just from what i know

Sounds like he shits on '6s as a very day occurance. Speechless

Sounds like he shits on '6s as a very day occurance. Speechless
[/quote]

yea its a casual thing he does in his spare time
Right but the B16 is in what Civic exactly? The EG, even the EK, are sooo much lighter than a GTI6 for a start. Give them the same powaah and it's obvious what the result will be.

And I know for a fact that an EP9 breadvan is faster than a GTI6. Doesn't matter which way you want to argue it, they pull away from the 306. Not easily, but they do.

Unfortunately people need to realise that CTR's are generally the quickest hot hatches of their era. The GTI6 was the fastest because when it came out it only had the Tomswankbank Mk4 GTI, the Fiat uglysomethingorother and..well.. that's as competitive as it got. The GTi6 was soon outdated despite being a class leader in it's early days.
(10-11-2012, 08:04 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]Right but the B16 is in what Civic exactly? The EG, even the EK, are sooo much lighter than a GTI6 for a start. Give them the same powaah and it's obvious what the result will be.

And I know for a fact that an EP9 breadvan is faster than a GTI6. Doesn't matter which way you want to argue it, they pull away from the 306. Not easily, but they do.

Unfortunately people need to realise that CTR's are generally the quickest hot hatches of their era. The GTI6 was the fastest because when it came out it only had the Tomswankbank Mk4 GTI, the Fiat uglysomethingorother and..well.. that's as competitive as it got. The GTi6 was soon outdated despite being a class leader in it's early days.

you talk shit. everyone knows the 6 is the fastest car you can buy and is clearly the best handling car around.

/6forumtroll
I'm sorry Niall I make a shit troll.

I still believe in the gti6's all ruling godliness
Blasphemy Pellowe, leave.
(10-11-2012, 08:10 PM)Dan! Wrote: [ -> ]Blasphemy Pellowe, leave.

no sorry dan its fact. All the 6 forum guys said so!
Erm..

"reek, boost, gti6's pwn, civics are ghey, golfs are a pile of shite that wee nancy boys drive"

Better?
(10-11-2012, 08:04 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]Right but the B16 is in what Civic exactly? The EG, even the EK, are sooo much lighter than a GTI6 for a start. Give them the same powaah and it's obvious what the result will be.

not sure on the shape code but its basically just the 98 civic hatchback b16 standard so what ever that is?
same shape as the ek9 just not the type R if you get me
Pages: 1 2