306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Do we have heated mirrors?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought we did?

It's been a long time since I've needed them but this morning I used the heated rear window (which works faultlessly) and the mirrors didn't de-mist at all.

On my Celica the heated rear windows were brilliant, on a cold morning it looked like they were on fire with the mist coming off them!

I could've sworn we had a similar setup on the 306? If the HRW is working, how can I test the mirrors?
Optional extra iirc
I had them on my hdi.
Iirc my Meriden had them too. To test them press the button and see if they work haha
(05-11-2012, 09:06 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Iirc my Meriden had them too. To test them press the button and see if they work haha

Good Test Matt Tongue
Yea I thought I had them TBH, just figured electric mirrors = heated too. Guess not.

Mine is DTurbo spec, has all the other stuff on it you would expect. Strange.

How would I test to see if I have them?
All the ph3 leccy mirrors have them afaik. They barely ever work though, I've only had one 306 where both worked fairly well!

They dont really get hot enough to feel anyway though.....and the element after 10 years isn't in the best condition......think what a toaster would look like after 10 years lol.

Also Chris....just pop the mirror cap off and you should be able to see the heater wires.....someone may have replaced your glass with non heated at some point....as it would be cheaper.
I got them but i think they are hit and miss if they work, before i changed my doors over only 1 side worked then car doors got bent in an attemepted break in blah blah so got new doors which came with mirrors and only 1 side worked agin (opposite side this time) so now i got 2 working and 2 non working mirrors lol, just need to change 1 side over which i will do as its the first time i had to use them for ages,
The broken heated ones still move around tho so might be a dodgey wire with the heating element that has failed
When I first owned a 306 both of mine worked lol.

Damnit. I'm not going to faff around replacing mirrors, unless a really cheap set come up for sale!
Its not neccessarily the mirror though...just the glass, takes like 2 mins to change. I'm hoping to find some anti-glare glass for a 306 (the blue stuff) as I miss it from the Golf tbh!
Couldn't you just put some tint film on Tom? Gotta be easier than sourcing new glass!
I only worked out Irene had them when I had the caps off and saw the extra wires. They got warm to the touch, bit that was about it
(05-11-2012, 09:46 AM)c.a.r. Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't you just put some tint film on Tom? Gotta be easier than sourcing new glass!

I'm not sure tbh, it'd have to be pretty thin - I was wondering about tint spray tbh.
Film would be better than spray tom, easier to get a uniform coating
Anyone wanna try it then? Don't wanna mess up my own mirrors lol....
Just get a spare? I can provide some glass

Plus balls it up just peel it off?
I sometimes use mine to keep my hand warm lol
My old 1.4 had heated mirrors, and they both worked. The DT is a bit POV spec by comparison though, so had to forfeit the heated mirrors, same as the auto wipers and auto leccy windows. Sad
Most 306s have heated mirrors, even some with non electric mirrors.

It is very common for the connectors to corrode meaning that they stop working. If you pop off the mirror cap at the far edge of the back of the mirror youll see 2 wires joining it, those are the heater wires.

The heated mirrors on my estate were so good that they used to steam too.
There is some utter drivel in this thread.

Yes you have should have electric mirrors as yours is a newer dturbo hdi than mine and I have them, they still work fine with no issues.

I have some you were welcome to try when I'm back with a view to purchasement. Smile
Mine's a GLX spec XUD and I've got one heated mirror (passenger side, if anyone cares!). Didn't realise I'd got that until last year in the cold, was a welcome surprise in fact Smile
Wheres the button to make them work? I cant seem to figure it out.. Unless phase 1's dont have them? Wouldnt make sense though as i have electric mirrors and sunroof and windows back and front :/
its the same button as for the heated rear screen
(05-12-2012, 07:21 PM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]its the same button as for the heated rear screen

Rep. I did not know that.... Not sure if mine work or no... Im going to breathe on them later Smile
turn em on, wait a while, then touch them with the back of your hand and see if they're warm
For future reference and all:
[Image: 20121206_121352.jpg]
2 wires there are the wires for heating the glass...Top is power bottom is ground, doubt it makes any difference as to which way they go on the glass.
[Image: 20121206_121357.jpg]
Theres the terminals.
My passenger one gets warm to the touch drivers doesnt.. so maybe i need new glass.
Looks filthy but the connections themselves are clean.

Edit: Also mirror caps just prys off with a screwdriver for anyone that didnt know Smile
I found why my drivers one on the china didnt work a couple of weeks back....one of the split wires in the door loom was for the heater. Fixed it but still doesnt get hot enough to be of any use though lol. Reversing on cold days with no mirrors and shit all over the rear window is quite interesting. lol
(06-12-2012, 12:41 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Reversing on cold days with no mirrors and shit all over the rear window is quite interesting. lol

Try it with no rear wiper and tinted windows on cold rainy evenings!
(06-12-2012, 09:04 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-12-2012, 12:41 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Reversing on cold days with no mirrors and shit all over the rear window is quite interesting. lol

why even bother looking? Chuck it in reverse, foot to the floor and......

/dum dum
(06-12-2012, 09:04 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]

I did have no damn wiper, thats why I got the Golf one on there pretty quick! lol