306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: ps3 or Xbox 360
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
right fellas, andy here has treated him self to a nice new plasma 42" tv. whats the best console to go with?
iam into my racing car games, seen a wtcc game for the Xbox that i like the look of. plus the other two games i looked at i can get for both the ps3 and xbox but the wtcc one is Xbox only.
i dont do on line gaming or watch blue ray dvds.
also i will be investing in a wheel etc for what ever i go for.
personally id say xbox. If your into racing games, Forza is great. but then im told GT is also good but only on ps3.

you wont get a definite answer off here. Its all down to personal opinion.
Well im gettin PS3 very soon Smile
From a ps3 man, get an Xbox. If you're not interested in blu ray or online, and want driving games, get an Xbox. Forza is awesome, so it gt5, but I think forza is better.
Ya know, IMO.

And in the words of ginge, Popcorn
I really like the PS3, However I own a 360..Mainly becuase it was cheaper and I prefer the Xbox pad these days. Forza is leagues ahead of other driving games, Tried GT5 and though it was rubbish TBH! Bought Forza Horizon last week and its pretty awesome Smile
Xbox all the for me... but as said it's purely preference. I give my mate plenty of shit for his GayStation and he gives abuse for mine. Also as above, pretty hooked on Horizon at the moment and you can't really beat Forza Smile. DiRT is awesome too
Hmmm might need to be buying horizon and having a few OC races?
Sounds good - you can have car clubs too so we can actually be part of 306OC!

/sad
(04-11-2012, 10:03 PM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds good - you can have car clubs too so we can actually be part of 306OC!

/sad

you could do that on forza 4 as well but i think .net beat us to getting a 306 owners!
Yep, I've got all of them lol
Get both.

Xbox for halo.

Ps3 for everything else.
Not a particularly realistic option for a lot of people Mark.

Another point worth noting is which controller you prefer, as I cannot get along with a PlayStation one anymore. The Xbox one is so much better, more comfortable and natural to me.
(04-11-2012, 10:43 PM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]Not a particularly realistic option for a lot of people Mark.

Another point worth noting is which controller you prefer, as I cannot get along with a PlayStation one anymore. The Xbox one is so much better, more comfortable and natural to me.

yup this. Oh and the xbox one actually works unlike the ps3 one!
It is if you have the will.

You could buy a second hand Xbox from eBay for under £100. And a brand new ps3 or even a second hand one if you don't want to get one of the new slim line versions.

I still have the old 360. And the graphics are just as good as the new hd version on good tv.
Question - can anyone think of a racing game where you can drive a 306? I swear GT4 on the PS2 had a phase 3 '6...
i can switch between the xbox and ps3 controllers easily, they both feel natural to me, maybe in just not some kinda retard... also, i've never had issues with my controllers not working. touch wood...

Liam, GT5 has a xsara vts, i *think* you might be right with GT4 having a 306 tho... ill fid out tomorrow me thinks! Big Grin
two words....

halo 4

/thread
Xbox ftw
I do prefer xbox i used to have both but played the xbox more.

Id go xbox.
As a petrolhead I wish I had an XBox, so if it's driving games you want avoid the PS3. I've yet to find a really good driving game, which is a big shame.

I play a lot of Call of Duty though and for shoot-em-ups I prefer the gamepad on the PS3.

Oh and Gran Turismo is boring as feck.
(04-11-2012, 10:35 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: [ -> ]Get both.

Xbox for halo.

Ps3 for everything else.

This...I Bought my xbox just for halo 3, then stopped playing but thought i'd keep it for halo 4!
I preferre Xbox. Can't get use to play station controllers. I bought 3 ps3s to fix then played each one for 8 hours straight to make sure they was up to it and they got nothing on Xbox.
Me and mrs are moving out after Christmas so for Christmas were buying each other stuff for house. She's having new kingsize bed and memory foam matterese.... I'm having a new Xbox Big Grin
i would say there aint much between them really. i had a Xbox till it got the red rings so then i got a PS3 for free with a phone contract. PS3 you can play blue-rays on but i aint really sure if there is a big difference in blue-rays to normal DVDs
There is a massive difference between blu-rays and standard DVDs.

Especially if watched on a good hd TV.

Both systems have their pros and cons, but as I said get both. Then you can decide to keep both or sell one.

You could get both for £200 second. I got my Xbox and ps3 brand new, when they first came out. Xbox is. Still going strong but does not get used much, and I replaced my PS3 last year with a newer one.

So buying a second hand one should not be an issue with reliability.
I have owned both.

My ps3, after owning a couple of months, ended up floating out of my window then suddenly dropping to the concrete below. Because it annoyed me so much one day, it committed suicide.

My Xbox is now getting very old and although I have to use an 8 inch hunters knife to get the disc tray open, I fooking love it still and would never go back to the ps3.

Forza 4 and Horizon ftmfw!!
(05-11-2012, 01:48 PM)Andy Wrote: [ -> ]I have owned both.

My ps3, after owning a couple of months, ended up floating out of my window then suddenly dropping to the concrete below. Because it annoyed me so much one day, it committed suicide.

My Xbox is now getting very old and although I have to use an 8 inch hunters knife to get the disc tray open, I fooking love it still and would never go back to the ps3.

Forza 4 and Horizon ftmfw!!

*Cough* "Danny can you turn on the PS3 so we can play some GT5".......... *Cough*

Tongue

I also own both, have to say without a doubt the 360 is the better console but the PS3 does have some good points...

EDIT: In regards to forza and GT5, Forza is without a doubt the better game, GT5 probably has a better variety of cars but the load times for the game are an actual joke, even with it installed to the console.. Horizon is a good game, a great laugh but if you're after a simulation driving sim, it isn't for you
looks like the xbox then, which one is the best one to buy? as there are different ones.
Depends if you fancy downloading a massive amount or not, I wouldn't recommend the 4GB version though as most games have some form of content to install and that 4GB will disappear very quickly!
Just go for the cheapest cos the new ones arnt so far away

I've had both but only got the ps3 now
Yeah new xbox 'should' be released in time for krimbo 2013