306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Angel eye headlight wiring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
been given a set of these off a mate, he says they need re wiring due to some helmet who he bought the car off cant wire anything up. was just wandering if its posible to use the connector from a set of old headlights and wire it up so its simply plug and play? getting the lights tomorrow so not exactly sure of the layout yet. any opinion will be valued Smile
thanks
Most if the time when said that they need to be wired up its normally the halo ring wiring, it needs to be wired up into the side lights.

Get some pictures of the wiring and I'll explain better.
As matt said.

It should be plug and play (if some one hasnt cut the multi plug off) all you will need to do is scotch lock the two halo/side lights wires. You can connect these to the exsisting harness thats attached to the head loght and no the harness on the car its self. As there should be one side light thats pre wired to the angels
im sure when they were on his car the wiring was fudged- crimped together i think, so rather than cut my wires im thin king of using a multi plug off an old headlight and wire it up to them if that makes sense?
What phase you got?
phase 2 but got a phase 3 stalk for the crystals i have
yeh its normally the halo wiring and the leds etc that are badly wired. the wiring for main bulbs should normally be alright :/
I dont get this you need a ph3 stalk. Iv put cyrstal on all the 306's Iv had all of which being early ph2's and never changed them and never had a problem
You need a PH.3 stalk for the twin optics to work IIRC..
they work with or without the ph3 stalk fine. The difference is, with the crystals, when you flick the stalk to high beam, it activates the high beam and switches off the dipped. On the ph2 with single optics, it doesnt. So if your using a ph2 stalk on crystals, only difference is when you use your high beam, the dipped beam stays on.
(31-10-2012, 11:15 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]they work with or without the ph3 stalk fine. The difference is, with the crystals, when you flick the stalk to high beam, it activates the high beam and switches off the dipped. On the ph2 with single optics, it doesnt. So if your using a ph2 stalk on crystals, only difference is when you use your high beam, the dipped beam stays on.

You mean the phase 2 stalk and crystals (twin optic) activates either main or dipped but not both together
The phase 3 stalk with crystals (twin optic) activates both bulbes dipped and main at the same time

:p
(31-10-2012, 11:21 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-10-2012, 11:15 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]they work with or without the ph3 stalk fine. The difference is, with the crystals, when you flick the stalk to high beam, it activates the high beam and switches off the dipped. On the ph2 with single optics, it doesnt. So if your using a ph2 stalk on crystals, only difference is when you use your high beam, the dipped beam stays on.

You mean the phase 2 stalk and crystals (twin optic) activates either main or dipped but not both together
The phase 3 stalk with crystals (twin optic) activates both bulbes dipped and main at the same time

:p

Sorry yes. Confusing my self!
lmao Big Grin
right, got these wired up and working, to find that one of the halo's on drivers side doesnt light up so im guessing its broken. can you take the lense off and replace them? seen some 6000k ones which if they will fit i would be tempted to put on...
Angels dont come apart very well due to thier build quality.
but if i could get them apart can they be replaced? since the lights only cost me £30 i wont be too bothered
Bought some angel headlights yesterday: [attachment=23492]

The rings aren't yet wired up but I'd like them to come on with the side lights, here's the wiring, I belive the wiring for the rings are at the bottom [attachment=23493]

Is it just the case of joining them to the side light wiring (black and red) or to the black and white wires on the main loom? [attachment=23494]