306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: mk4 golf gti
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys just wondering what bhp the mk4 gti golf 8v was? my mates thinking of swapping his DT for one so was just wondering if anyone knew?

thanks ash
Shit mate, 115bhp or 1.8 20v are 150bhp
112. Rediculously underpowered...

How can you call that a GTi? I really don't know...
Mk4 2.0 8v is 115bhp. They are stupidly slow and guzzle fuel for a laugh. I had a bora with same lump. The shitist engine ever!

Avoid!
2.0l are epicly shite, seriously 115bhp out of a 2.0L power to weight is amazingly poor!

He will regret it no end!

Words really cant discribe how i feel about this piss poor attempt of and engine!
I had a race with a lad from work, honestly I may aswell have raced a saxo VTR!
Not worthy of GTI badge at all! It's a joke!
lol at the comments above!

All true though. The mk4 Golf was also hideously heavy to boot, so the wet engines didn't exactly have it easy!
(27-10-2012, 06:05 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: [ -> ]I had a race with a lad from work, honestly I may aswell have raced a saxo VTR!
Not worthy of GTI badge at all! It's a joke!

Pppff i recon a vtr would ra*e it you know
Power to weight a 2001+ (100bhp model) saxo would wipe the floor with one!
(27-10-2012, 04:52 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]112. Rediculously underpowered...

How can you call that a GTi? I really don't know...

I don't think you can, but you kind of had to put a GTI badge on it in order to sell any...
2.0 8v GTI was ok in my stripped out 850/900kg Ibiza but anything bigger/heavier and its a no goer.
well i tried explaining they were much cop to him and even though his DT is only on a lucas fmic and t2 still a hell of a lot quick due to 53 more ft/lb torque 10bhp more and less weight
Keep the dt, it's funny laughing at the Dubber wannabes in there mk4 shitboxes!
(27-10-2012, 10:15 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: [ -> ]Keep the dt, it's funny laughing at the Dubber wannabes in there mk4 shitboxes!

What's funnier than that is pulling up to the lights, him looking at you then looking at the dturbo badge on the side then laughing...
Then him watching as the dturbo easily pulls away from him :-( DTurbo
dturbo over what sounds to be a crummy golf!
I had a mk3 with that engine, it wasn't slow but it wasn't fast either by a long shot. Imagine that with an extra 200kg...
(28-10-2012, 07:08 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]I had a mk3 with that engine, it wasn't slow but it wasn't fast either by a long shot. Imagine that with an extra 200kg...

Not the same engine IIRC.

In fact I know there not I've drove both. You have to rev fook outa the newer gine. And there is no power through out the rev range. Putting your foot down just creates noise and uses fuel.

If ya gunna get a VAG get an older TDi like a mk3 golf B4 passat ect.
Is it that bad? The mk3 had a pretty decent lump of low-down torque and was pretty good on juice, 30mpg round town and 45mpg on a run which isn't bad for an old 2.0 8 valve really...

You sure it's a different engine? The power output and capacity are the same.
Think the old engine is ADY and the newer is APK. Tbh it probably the same engine with more sensors ect on. I drove my mates vento 2.0 8v it was much better than the Bora 2.0 8v faster quieter smoother less revs to get it move.

I used to get 35mpg on a run 21-25mpg round an about.
The only mk4's that are worth getting are

The AUQ engine code 180bhp only found in the anniversary edition

The v6 4motion with 212 bhp

And the r32 any other mk4 is utterly useless