306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: f*cking helicoil bastard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why is it so hard to get a bloody helicoil/thread repair kit in a shop? Need one urgently or i'm gonna miss a photoshoot tomorrow night and I can only find them on eBay, or there's a tool place near me that sells a full range for £300.. wtf?

I thought these were standard practice at garages? Apparently not...

FML and my wonky brake caliper
We have them at work. Try euro car parts
Nope, nothing. Phoned every motor factors in the area. There was a machine shop in Coatbridge that would do it for £5 but I needed to get the hub off for him and I didn't have time to take it off and get it up to him.
chemical metal FTW
If you have a machine mart near you they sell all common sizes
If need be I know cj got one for his manifold could just ask where he got it from?
f*ck it, ordered one off eBay for £8. Stupid thing, caliper mounting bolt has gone awol so i'm missing the shoot tomorrow now Sad
Take the caliper off plug the hole and drive with 3 calipers? :-) :-)
lmao

Like a boss
(27-10-2012, 02:41 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: [ -> ]Take the caliper off plug the hole and drive with 3 calipers? :-) :-)

really would like to know what goes through your head at times
I had this and had brembo caliper held on by one bolt and one chemical metalled bolt haha

Ebay all the way unless you have a busoness called rothwells who specialize in nuts n bolts and tools lol

The one i got of ebay didnt come with a tap holder/handle though
Yea I've bought many through work and they never come with a tap holder unless you've bought the mega box
That's fine, I can fashion one in the shed of wonders
Im contemplating helicoiling all the holes in head for inlet/exhaust manifold if weather holds out lol should be fun Smile jus got to grav a tap holder if me mate lol
(27-10-2012, 03:16 PM)the milkman Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-10-2012, 02:41 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: [ -> ]Take the caliper off plug the hole and drive with 3 calipers? :-) :-)

really would like to know what goes through your head at times

To be fair I don't think much can out-pikey me on this one.... my brake pad fell out and instead of replacing it I carried on driving haha using handbrake mainly haha

Ended up wafer thin lol

[attachment=3215]
How the f*ck are you still alive Phil?! lmao
Beats me lol so back to your original problem... get the f*ck to that photoshoot! Lol