306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Aux belt routing, suitable?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got jordans xud out and were looking to re route the aux belt to bypass the air con. Can anybody see any problems with this routing, enough contact on the alternator?

[attachment=3196]

Cheers
Looks fine, IIRC that's how we did carls, no issues with that.

On another note, can someone take a picture of standard A/C Hdi belt routing? As you have one there Smile

Cos mine's just not going on however I try, and Yes! I have the correct belt.
[Image: w2olxj.jpg]

Sorry about 2 pics lol! Im a tard
Then why is the belt too long? Angry i've re fitted the old tensioners and tried the old belt, it's still too long.
i might be wrong...but im fairly certain!
You've got the same contact with the alternator on your new setup as the standard one, so i cant see it being a problem..
[Image: 90hdi.jpg]

This is correct...
That'll be fine,

But you're not trying hard enough...

[Image: 100_1738.jpg]

Old pic....
Id be suprised if thats ok, my alternator used to scream like a bitch on one of my setups until I increased the contact area, and you appear to have a similer ammount there...Its worse on diesels because of the glow plug drag when cold...mine used to stop screaming once they went out, but its far from ideal / rapes the belt..

Is just swap it all for a ph1 setup tbh with lower pas pump...makes life much easier in future!
Did you ever try this setup?
(14-11-2012, 10:10 PM)Ricky Wrote: [ -> ]Did you ever try this setup?

Ive got the same set up on my hdi after i removed the air con, never had a problem with it been on 3-4000mile