306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Heating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got the dash out at the moment for matrix replacement, and thought I'd try and fix my heating at the same time. I thought that the heating temperature control knob would be connected to a mechanical cable, but its not so I guess it must be electrical.

Can anyone suggest something I could check to see if the control knob is working? I'm crap with electrics so have no idea.
Its a mechanical cable, maybe its popped off already - sometimes people who have done the heatermatrix in the past can snap off the mounting points for cables and generally break stuff bodge stuff back, which is a right pain when you come to fix it :/
It's not a cable Ben, it's sensored, you'll find a small fan type thing in the roof console - probably full of dust! My ph3 has this anyway
My Ph3 had a cable...and the fan thing in the ceiling...
afaik A/C is electric. NON A/C is cable
Mine was A/C, and had a cable.

Parts bin speacial maybe. Had 1.6 brake setup too, despite it was only a 1.4.
If your heater controls have a 1, 2, 3 and 4 for fan settings, i cant help you.

If youve got the 'climate control' where you have a auto setting, its all servo controlled except for the dial that switches where the air is put out from. this is controlled by a yello and green cable.

Check the fan on the ceiling is clean and plugged in. If not, could be a faulty servo (hope not.....thats a matrix apart job) or faulty control unit.
Yeah I've got the 'climate control' one so ill check the fan. I've just replaced the matrix and the dash is still out so i shouldn't think it would be too much more work to do the 'matrix apart' bit. Although I would like the car in a couple of days so it'l just depend how long it'l take me.
Just found the fan in the ceiling, why is it there? It's plugged in but not sure how to test it further.

Where abouts is the servo, I might try replacing that and then replacing the control unit if that doesn't work..