306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: that must have hurt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oops! That probably wont buff out! lol
Beast of a crash lol
Im sure i have seen this pic on here or .net it looks very familiar Dodgy
Like a dagger through my heart, poor pugSad
its the same car thats on the 1.8 braking thread
Yeah was gunna say it's the same 1.8 that's breaking.
(27-10-2012, 08:49 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah was gunna say it's the same 1.8 that's breaking.

No, it's the same 1.8 that's *broken

/pedanticgrammarnazi lol
Well excuse me grammar police
Horrible as that is to see it does show how good 306's are in crashes. Screw ncap's 30 mph bump, this is proper crash testing lol. Looks like the cabin doors still open and shut so inside is ok. Mates mum was in an each car doing 50mph headon and the cabin doors still open and shut. Chances are you'll be fine in a 306 when it goes wrong.
(27-10-2012, 09:29 AM)jay8086 Wrote: [ -> ]Mates mum was in an each car doing 50mph headon and the cabin doors still open and shut.

Really because this NCAP video the head on is at 40mph into a stationary object and it deforms so much I doubt the door will do much
So unless the other car that was also doing 50 was a marshmallow then I doubt that very much
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4PTjtzj...ata_player
Yeah she and the other car were doing 50, cops said everybody should have been dead, and he swears the doors shut although the front end made the above 306 look mint lol.

Newer NCAP tests are 40 older ones are 30mph. I'm pretty sure the change was after the 306's were made, certainly the early ones. And frankly I don't trust the NCAP tests, lab based tests will never replicate a real crash where its not an even hit or straight angle.
They do 40% ones and so on but at least it gives a good idea of what happens in a sticky situation,
That one was done at 64kph which is something like 39.7 mph so not far off then the side ones and others were at slower speeds