306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Any else...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Into their audio...?

For those that are, you'll understand my frustration of people banging on about how Dre Beats are the best thing ever Angry does my head in right and royally...

But I now have somewhere that sounds a million times better than any dre beats
[Image: 5pd0g.jpg]

Anyone need any mixing doing...? Need to re-coup some money on this now haha!
Thankyou! I cant stand these beats shit! they sound crap!
Im personally a fan of B+W P5s which im getting my self as a christmas present. When i went to try them, the guy also got me to try some bose and they sounded good but far too much bass for my liking!

What speakers you got there? Im on the hunt for a second hand set of B+Ws but havent found a bargain yet!
(25-10-2012, 10:10 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Thankyou! I cant stand these beats shit! they sound crap!
Im personally a fan of B+W P5s which im getting my self as a christmas present. When i went to try them, the guy also got me to try some bose and they sounded good but far too much bass for my liking!

What speakers you got there? Im on the hunt for a second hand set of B+Ws but havent found a bargain yet!

Was speaking to someone the other day who thought that they weren't EQ'd at all. About passed out at that moment haha!

Big fan of Audio Technica ATHM50's for the money, what I'm using currently and are fairly faithful without spending big moolah.

Monitors are Dynaudio BM5A's. Would love a matched sub but when the monitors are still £390 each then you can guess the price of the sub, so that'll have to wait until after christmas!
Yeah ive got a set of harmon Kardons at the moment but its a 5.1 system. Want to upgrade the front speakers for something decent. Would love a proper old school set of B+W monitors but even a set of 20 year old speakers are going for silly money!

or then again, two of these would do purely for what they look like

http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/Speakers...rview.html

shame i havent got a spare 60k for some speakers though!
I like music too
(25-10-2012, 10:20 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah ive got a set of harmon Kardons at the moment but its a 5.1 system. Want to upgrade the front speakers for something decent. Would love a proper old school set of B+W monitors but even a set of 20 year old speakers are going for silly money!

B+W whore, you're as bad as an Apple fanboy :p
Would suggest something but you're pretty set on B+W haha. For home cinema or just general listening?
(25-10-2012, 10:24 PM)Carlos182 Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-10-2012, 10:20 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah ive got a set of harmon Kardons at the moment but its a 5.1 system. Want to upgrade the front speakers for something decent. Would love a proper old school set of B+W monitors but even a set of 20 year old speakers are going for silly money!

B+W whore, you're as bad as an Apple fanboy :p
Would suggest something but you're pretty set on B+W haha. For home cinema or just general listening?

Errr now you say that, i am a bit of a apple fan boy haha
im always open to suggestions! rarely for home cinema but mainly just for music...running them off of a Harmon Kardon AV247 which is getting on a bit now. Was all bought as a home cinema obviously but rarely gets used that way now!
are you actually shitting me? that setup looks epic

That setup looks win. I love good quality music but i know feck all about it, and to be honest i wouldnt know good quality even if i heard it (SEE WHAT I DID THARRR)
(25-10-2012, 10:24 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]I like music too

I like your car.

(25-10-2012, 10:28 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Errr now you say that, i am a bit of a apple fan boy haha
im always open to suggestions! rarely for home cinema but mainly just for music...running them off of a Harmon Kardon AV247 which is getting on a bit now. Was all bought as a home cinema obviously but rarely gets used that way now!

Oh god... Apple... well if you're a fanboy then you'll love beats, what's wrong with you?! :p
Depends on your budget in all honesty, a good AD/DA will always help and a good pre-amp and amp. If you can treat the room slightly then that will help massively. Next thing is to get a weighted meter out and see what's going on with the room and take it from there.

Or at-least that's the steps I'd take...

(25-10-2012, 10:34 PM)Fooby Wrote: [ -> ]are you actually shitting me? that setup looks epic

That setup looks win. I love good quality music but i know feck all about it, and to be honest i wouldnt know good quality even if i heard it (SEE WHAT I DID THARRR)

Well it did involve moving house so there was a spare room for it! But needs must and all. Bonus is that I've now got a garage too haha!
haha, lad.

I must come hear this, i bet it sounds epic Big Grin
(25-10-2012, 10:47 PM)Fooby Wrote: [ -> ]haha, lad.

I must come hear this, i bet it sounds epic Big Grin

You might fall over getting up the stairs...
or fall over into a speaker.. good point.
(25-10-2012, 10:52 PM)Fooby Wrote: [ -> ]or fall over into a speaker.. good point.

Well there is that too. Either way, yes, it sounds farking amazing.
I want to play....

(might take a while to work out how to get any sound from it though...)
I know of a few people wanting to record, was up Camden town at a gig last week! Where you based bud?
all i see is two small hifi speakers?
Nice setup!

I don't have a decent speaker setup at the moment (PC build > audio) however I'm a bit of an audio snob when it comes to digital media...I must admit I cringe when someone says that they've 'downloaded a song from YouTube'. It's even worse if they then ask if I'd like them to burn a CD for me to rip it to my pc Doh
Wish i had the spare money to sort me home stereo, really want a rack mount amp and EQ to replace my ageing marantz gear. That and cant wait to move out so I can plug my subs back in as my mum removed them and told me that if i plugged them in again she'd banhammer them.

Really want to do my room like a pirate radio studio with egg boxes all over the walls
Best thing I did recently was buy a decent DAC
(26-10-2012, 04:43 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Wish i had the spare money to sort me home stereo, really want a rack mount amp and EQ to replace my ageing marantz gear. That and cant wait to move out so I can plug my subs back in as my mum removed them and told me that if i plugged them in again she'd banhammer them.

Really want to do my room like a pirate radio studio with egg boxes all over the walls

whipped!

Scott im considering replacing my system next year if your interested in some harmon kardon gear?
We have a Bose 'studio' showroom in Stevenage (or we did 12 months ago anyway) and it does make your credit card tremble a bit! My mate spent £300 on a 5:1 setup and it's lovely, the build quality is fantastic, sounds good too!
(26-10-2012, 06:10 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: [ -> ]We have a Bose 'studio' showroom in Stevenage (or we did 12 months ago anyway) and it does make your credit card tremble a bit! My mate spent £300 on a 5:1 setup and it's lovely, the build quality is fantastic, sounds good too!

£300 on 6 speakers?! Pah. Paid more than that for one! :p

(26-10-2012, 06:10 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: [ -> ]We have a Bose 'studio' showroom in Stevenage (or we did 12 months ago anyway) and it does make your credit card tremble a bit! My mate spent £300 on a 5:1 setup and it's lovely, the build quality is fantastic, sounds good too!

£300 on 6 speakers?! Pah. Paid more than that for one! :p
It's £700 if i want a 9" sub, £1300 for a 12" :'(
Not a fan of Bose. Build quality is fine but sound quality is not to my taste!
Yeah the 'beats' brand is shocking... Charge too much just for the design and ridiculous bass equalisers...

Nice set up btw!!.

I use urban ears headphones which I love... My favourite feature, it has a 3.5mm jack on the other side for sharing/ pre cueing :-) whole cost of £5 (should be 60 but benefits to working at Phones4u)
Erm, i have these tiny speakers that fit in my ears, dead good for listening to music while you move around places and stuff