306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dturbo Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My 306 came to a harsh end the night before last. I was driving along a road in Penicuik near Edinburgh and I hit a slippery patch of road. I spun out and hit a telegraph pole, mangled the front end of the car. It's a write off Sad

All four of us in the car were fine, but I have lost my awesome little car Sad

I'm never even going to see the car again as the police want £210 to get it back from the recovery place, so it'll be going for scrap.

I hope I will own another 306 again in the future, but I had to make a quick purchase to get me back from Scotland - a BMW 318i.

Cheers to everyone in this community for helping me with the problems I had with it at first and especially to KrisB for sorting it out for me and making it the awesome car it really was.

[Image: 05z2.jpg]
Gutted for you mate, I'm sure you've heard it before but it was only a car, the important thing is that you have your health.

Do you lose your NCB because you struck the telephone pole?

I had to plead with the police to get them to recover my totalled car to my house rather than their yard, which was further away!
Glad all ok but cars can be replaced watch incase you get billed for telegraph pole
shit man, gutted. good thing all of you are ok, sounds fairly lucky!

got any pics of the damage?
Not good atall mate. But glad everyone is okay.

As said, damage pics?
No damage pictures I'm afraid. It was pitch black and I couldn't be bothered to start setting up a tripod and stuff in the road. I'm not claiming for the accident as I was the only one involved and the telegraph pole was not damaged, so I won't be billed for that.
Isnt this the one that was mego low miles?
(25-10-2012, 05:04 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Isnt this the one that was mego low miles?

Yeah, 36k when I got it, 48k when I crashed it Sad
Sucks man, at least everyone was okay though
bad luck mate! D: is it not worth getting it back just to break a few parts? D:
(28-10-2012, 04:11 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]bad luck mate! D: is it not worth getting it back just to break a few parts? D:

It'd have to be recovered 400 miles, I don't think it would!
Stick the engine on a pallet and ship it straight to me Big Grin

Shame really that engine will go in the crusher now
(28-10-2012, 05:51 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Stick the engine on a pallet and ship it straight to me Big Grin

Shame really that engine will go in the crusher now

And the bosch Sad
So,

I GOT ANOTHER ONE!

I picked it up for £750. It's a wreck but I'm throwing some money at KrisB and he's sorting the majority of the problems out for me.

I bought some full leather seats and door cards for it too. I'm hoping I can get this one better than the other one and not crash it this time!
good on ya
Jesus you went through that bimmer quicker than Dum-Dum!! lol

Glad to hear everyone was okay, though what a shame about the car!! Sad
Cool glad you got a new one.
(30-10-2012, 10:44 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: [ -> ]Cool glad you got a new one.

Yeah, me too... 'fraid it's got a lucas though.
Good to hear you got back on the sence so quickly. Top man Big Grin
I said to ben he should sell the car to someone on here, it's in some compound in scotland though and they want £220 to get the car back out. Basically the police recovered it, making out it as gonna be cheaper and easier than the AA...

This new cars having one hell of a lot of work done to it though! Literally, going to be a new car.