306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: mobile insurance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Friend got his mobile phone nicked the other night ( brand new galaxy s3) while breaking up a fight after someone got bottled. As you can imagine he's a bit disapointed about it all and trying to avoid letting his parents know. Someone has mentioned about taking out a mobile phone insurance policy waiting 2 months and then claiming for theft, since ya know damn the insurance companies and that.
The only issue is he's phoned up 3 and had it blocked and had a case opened with the police, although they've now phoned to say they've given up and closed the case.
What do you guys think? It's not exactly mission impossible but do you think it could be/should be done
I take it he doesn't have insurance with his bank account? That's where a fair few people have theirs covered
The only issue with opening an insurance policy after the phone has been stolen is that most of them need a serial number off the phone 2 prove you have 1! Never tried it myself as hav the £12 a month stuff from orange wen I bought the phone, anyway hope he gets his phone back!
With it being stolen he will need a crime number to claim too. And I'm pretty sure there dated.

Just tell him man up, and put it down as experience. End of day it's only a phone and by sounds of it he could be a lot worse off.
My mate started insurance policy an claimed even though phone was not used since aug
I used to sell phone insurance, all they ask for normally is network confirmation that it has been blocked and an incident reference number, trouble is a don't think bank insurances would believe a claim so early on into the policy...