306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: dedicated to scrap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so at what point is it too dark and late to work on your car?

[Image: IMG_20121024_210348.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20121024_224432.jpg]

answer, when its finished!

thank god for bad ass lights! just need to replace some brake pipes and hopefully it will pass its mot all booked in for thursday
Good lad! It's like I said when I got to yours, only petrolheads spend the first day of a holiday playing around with old cars lol
a good way to start a holiday in my eyes! unless something goes wrong
Good work mate. Hope the mot goes well for you Smile
cheers bud, I've replaced enough so I should hope so!
(24-10-2012, 11:08 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: [ -> ]a good way to start a holiday in my eyes! unless something goes wrong

Like those downpipe bolts? lol
something like that yeah! :p
Need to get me some bad-ass lights....
(24-10-2012, 11:00 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Good lad! It's like I said when I got to yours, only petrolheads spend the first day of a holiday playing around with old cars lol

Wait... people do other things than work on cars for holidays?????????????

Nice one Joe though, I don't know how you can work on that surface though, I still remember trying to remove that Powerflow exhaust off your old Diablo DT back in the day!!! Knackered my back!

How did you find the driveshafts etc? I need to take a look at mine, and I'm planning on getting the old Baker Group N lower mount on whilst I'm down there... Not looking forward to it massively though!!

Good luck with the MOT!
(25-10-2012, 07:43 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-10-2012, 11:00 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Good lad! It's like I said when I got to yours, only petrolheads spend the first day of a holiday playing around with old cars lol

Wait... people do other things than work on cars for holidays?????????????

Nice one Joe though, I don't know how you can work on that surface though, I still remember trying to remove that Powerflow exhaust off your old Diablo DT back in the day!!! Knackered my back!

How did you find the driveshafts etc? I need to take a look at mine, and I'm planning on getting the old Baker Group N lower mount on whilst I'm down there... Not looking forward to it massively though!!

Good luck with the MOT!

it's an absolute bastard, nothing wrong with lying on it got an estate boot mat for that, its the fact it took me about 30 minutes to get my car on axle stands due to the ground not being stable enough for me to be happy with it.

both axle stands have wooden feet to spread their load and the jack has to have a piece of ply to sit on, so it can roll. Got plans to put a concrete base in and a lean to over the top.

drive shaft I just had to replace the boot, so split the shaft, grease it up put it back together, not a hard job and saved buying a new one for the sake of some rubber.

cheers MOT will fail though!
(25-10-2012, 08:00 AM)kernow_joe Wrote: [ -> ]Got plans to put a concrete base in and a lean to over the top, with a 4 post lift to make it proper easy. Dreckly, proper job!

Edited for you Wink
(25-10-2012, 08:18 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-10-2012, 08:00 AM)kernow_joe Wrote: [ -> ]Got plans to put a concrete base in and a lean to over the top, with a 4 post lift to make it proper easy. Dreckly, proper job!

Edited for you Wink
haha we where thinking of digging a pit in that wouldn't be hard at all, a lot more work though so more likely to fail, and more expensive, it will happen though!!
Sweet mate. Your already way ahead of me anyway, I've only got a tiny driveway to work on...
I see the word scrap and feel obliged to post.....

Looking good mate, that is dedication! I know the pain about axle stands, have the same ground at my site and trying to jack the car up to take a wheel of fans the whole car decides to go.
Good effort Smile