306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dum-Dums New Blue Cabby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Picked up my cabby today and im in love, forgot how awesome the cabbys are.

Well awesome bar the fuel economy. It was on the fuel light when i picked it up. Put ~11l of V Power in and it was less than 40 miles before the light was back on.

That said it was only £65 to fill it up from the fuel light with normal petrol, thats over £20 less than filling the estate.

Anyway piccies cos China is beautiful

[Image: XSiCabby001.jpg]
[Image: XSiCabby002.jpg]
[Image: XSiCabby003.jpg]
[Image: XSiCabby004.jpg]
[Image: XSiCabby005.jpg]
[Image: XSiCabby006.jpg]
[Image: XSiCabby007.jpg]
[Image: XSiCabby008.jpg]
[Image: XSiCabby009.jpg]
[Image: XSiCabby010.jpg]
[Image: XSiCabby011.jpg]
[Image: XSiCabby012.jpg]
[Image: XSiCabby013.jpg]
[Image: XSiCabby014.jpg]
[Image: XSiCabby015.jpg]
But that "extra" £20 will get you twice as far lol
Swap the engines over and your onto a winner :thumbup:
Looks good mate. We'll get some polish on there and get it looking as sexy as. When's it being lowered?
That looks rather tidy, nice one. I trust you'll be giving rides on the 13th Wink
China is the best colour! Washed, polished and waxed mine and I fell in love again!

A heat, yours looks really tidy! What's the plans?
Connor - Yeah it might but i actually love the cabriogay too much to care.

Dan - Yes buy not for a diesel, Loving the noise it makes up the revs. one day ill swap for a V6.

Niall - She will, does look really swirly close up in places. Lowering will probably be next month or march.

Poodle - Yes, If your insured you can have a drive, turns out Ive bought another "slightly boaty" one. No where near as bad as the other one.

Jim - Yes, Im sure its the best colour the 306 ever came in.

Plans For Tomorrow;
Possibly a dyno run for a baseline figure
GTi6 inlet manifold
Straight through back box (and possibly mid section)
De-badged
Greenstuff pads
Service
Induction Kit
Possibly a straight through center section
Add some stickers

Plans Longer Term;
Colour code engine bay
Coilovers
SP wheels
Upper and Lower Strut Braces
Fit my nitrous kit
Fit lpg conversion
Fit V6 then supercharge
I like Smile

One of the best colours!
Jonny81191 Wrote:I like Smile

One of the best colours!

Cheers mate

Oh and other plans i forgot to add.

Silver Dash
Colour coded bumpers
Ph3 rubbing strips
406 gear knob
Crystals
Ph3 side repeaters
Audio upgrade
Where you taking it to be dyno'd? And how much do they charge?
If you ever want a hand with any of it, give us a shout
Looking tidy mate!

If you need a hand with anything you've got planned there just give me a shout.

Just one thing I noticed, it looks like the front bumper could do with refitting as there's a bit of a gap in the middle but other than that I'm liking it!
Looks like one hell of a list!
NiallHarper Wrote:Where you taking it to be dyno'd? And how much do they charge?
If you ever want a hand with any of it, give us a shout

If i go (which is looking likely) Itll be Novatec Racing ( http://www.nt-r.com ) in Slough as theyer the nearest place with a dyno dynamics rolling road. It was £50 for cash last time i was there and i suspect theyll do the same again this time.

If your not working and fancy coming then feel free but ill be leaving mine at about 0830 to get there first thing. You could give me a hand with my inlet manifold after if you want.

Scott Wrote:Looking tidy mate!

If you need a hand with anything you've got planned there just give me a shout.

Just one thing I noticed, it looks like the front bumper could do with refitting as there's a bit of a gap in the middle but other than that I'm liking it!

Cheers mate. Your at work most of the time i start taking my car to pieces though.
Ill leave the bumper for now as hopefully ill find a ph3 one for a good price
Looks good matey, best colour for a cabby too (obviously GTi-6's are a different matter whistle)
Fair enough mate Smile Well if you're doing any on the weekend some time then I'm happy to help.
Hi dumdum I've got the same car in the same colour but in auto ( lazy mans car) .I see yours don't have leather if ur interested I have got a spare leather trim and door cards .
Beleive it or not i was specifically looking for one without leather
No leather lol
Think I have a 406 knob lying around somewhere Wink
Matt Wrote:Think I have a 406 knob lying around somewhere Wink

The only knob you do have Wink giggidy.. lol
does it all work? roof etc...

looks good..

although not the best colour :p
Midnightclub Wrote:
Matt Wrote:Think I have a 406 knob lying around somewhere Wink

The only knob you do have Wink giggidy.. lol

Pfft :/
Springs it all works including the roof. The remote central locking dosent work but the batterys in both remotes are dead.

Just been out and timed the 0-60 and i reckon its about 8.7 seconds so if it is down on power it isnt showing it. On the video freeze framing through it starts moving at about 2.5s and hits 60mph the first frame after it ticks over to 11 seconds.
Dum-Dum Wrote:Springs it all works including the roof. The remote central locking dosent work but the batterys in both remotes are dead.

Thats common on all of them tho.. lol
Im gonna try and get a dyno run this morning. Just gonna have a shower and food then start heading up to Slough.
springs Wrote:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Springs it all works including the roof. The remote central locking dosent work but the batterys in both remotes are dead.

Thats common on all of them tho.. lol

Oh well, Im sure ill get over having to put the key in the door every time. Id much rather a working roof then RCL anyway
Dum-Dum Wrote:Oh well, Im sure ill get over having to put the key in the door every time. Id much rather a working roof then RCL anyway

True..

Its the same as mine.. Roof works fine but the RCL doesn't..

I might fix it one day when i get round to it..
Heh heh awesome 8-) Can't be as bad as this one was, it hasn't tried to kill you yet lol. Went for a ride in another boaty one t'other day, either standard cabby shocks are shit or most cabby owners don't have a clue about cars... :think:

My rcl doesn't work either, has yours got an alarm fitted? This one goes mad whenever you disconnect the battery if you don't use the rcl to open it first time.
Couldnt get on the Dyno

Poodle Its interesting. Cos of the chassis flex it really dosent like bumpy corners.
Aw fail.

Mine was awesome as soon as i swapped the knackered shocks for billies and sorted the wishbones, you had a look underneath yet? Quite surprised by your choice of wheels, always wondered what savaras would look like on one of these...
Pages: 1 2 3