306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Oil feed return pipe?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone tell me what the highlighted hose is called please?

[Image: AjeetsEngineBay_zps3eaaaac7.jpg]

It's on a workmates 1.8 Xsara Picasso, I'm pretty certain it's just a return feed from the airbox for the oil. Unfortunately his has split and I'm trying to help him get a new one. I can't find one on eBay, mainly because I have no idea what it's actual name is! So please, anyone know?

The big lump just below my highlight comes directly out of the airbox... and the pipe continues on round the plastic cover to the back of the engine bay.
Where does it lead to? Could be a brake servo vacuum hose
looks like oil breather pipe to me, Can't you just go to the scrap yard?? cost a £1 or somthing haha ...does it not lead down to the sump or somthing??
(23-10-2012, 12:03 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Where does it lead to? Could be a brake servo vacuum hose

Definitely not brake servo hose, I did forget to mention that the reason I need to know is that my workmates hose has broken in two, and it's spraying oil around the engine bay (not a lot, obviously, but a bit), which makes me think it's a breather return type thing. And it just goes round to the back/top of the engine block.

(23-10-2012, 12:12 PM)ChezHdi Wrote: [ -> ]looks like oil breather pipe to me, Can't you just go to the scrap yard?? cost a £1 or somthing haha ...does it not lead down to the sump or somthing??

Good point, didn't even think of that to be honest! I'll recommend that he tries that actually. And no it doesn't go down, literally from that air pipe at the front (that comes from the air box) round the back and in to the top of the block.