306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Changeing thomostat and anti-freeze questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wana change thermostat and do a water flush is I have no I dear when it was done last, ive bought the bits but how hard is it to change the thormostat?? Any one got a guide or can give me some instructions??

Also how much anti freeze to I need to put in??

Any help welcome thanks in advance
Get yourself a haynes manual dude, really useful. I would advise you don't take everything they say at face value, particularly torque settings, but as a general guide they're excellent.

Changing the coolant and thermostat are about as easy as jobs get, so no worries there. Smile
done this, this morning was really easy still wasn't sure how much anti freeze to put in so i but 2.5 liters in is that ok??? dont want it freezing up with this cold weather coming
It should tell you the mix quantity on the bottle, its usually either ready to use or 5:1 or something like that.
I dont read instructions im a man lol i used hose pipe to fill system back up so dont no how much water it takes either...... should be fine i think...... well i hope
Yeah 2.5 will be fine. If you really wanted, you could bung in 4.5 and run it neat but its not ideal. I usually go for a half and half mixture and that will protect you down to any temperature you will get in this country!
Oh is that the capacity 4.5 liters?