306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Griffiths quickshift
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Couldn't find a transmission section or I'm going blind.

Anyone had any experience with these on a D-Turbo ?

Thinking of buying one but for £22 I can't see them being up to much?

Cheers
sure there was a group buy on the other pug site.

I would like to know myself
Yea I heard there was a group buy, want a quickshift so just wondered if anyone had tried one of these?
i uaave one on my s16 its pretty good havent had no issues at all.
The groupbuy was for Compbrake-style quickshifters.

I have a GE quickshifter fitted, have done for ages, and besides it occasionally slipping (I haven't run a load of superglue round it after fitting it) it's brilliant. Not slipped for ages now either, you just need to tighten the arse off it when fitting. and make sure you properly clean the gearbox spigot too before you fit; a greasy spigot is the main reason it will slip.

They're a great mod btw Smile
Iv got one they are ok. But i find it dosnt bring the throw in far enough for my liking
but i have got it on a 6 and it has brought it into the same post code now but still needs to be shorter
Mixed reviews then think I may get one and butcher a old stick I have to make it even shorter
I have one of these and with the original allen key and nut they slip but if you get a better bolt it works a treat, i roughed the gearbox spigot up a bit with a rough file and fitted, works a treat and also cut gearstick down a tad for bit better throw
deffo cut gearstick down a bit and install one well worth the money!!
Dont get me wrony danny. For the money they are good. Just not all that grate on a gti. I image it would be alot better on a DT. Especialy if you are goin to cut the gear stick.

But as CJ say. Drill the bolt hole out and put in a larger one with washers before you fit it. Also i gave the Q/S its self a good rough up with a file to stop the slipping as it was doing my head in
May invest in one then, I was thinking about welding a extra inch or 2 under the white ball / pivot point would that make any difference?
Intresting thought . Cant see how you go about it. I cant see how youd extend it unless you got BBM linkages that you could turn one end upside down.

But your on the right track. The lower you can get it the shrter the throw will be
I mean the actual gear stick lip a inch of the top and weld it in under the ball?
Its bigger than that any way. And slides to the bottom of the saft.

Giggity
Worth it on a HDi?

I don't want to shorten my shaft (ooer) because it's not a reversable mod. Oh, and getting the gearknob off in the first place is a c*nt of a job! Nearly steralised myself when I last did it on my XS!
Prob would be worth it.

It is a reversable mod. Its a fairly easy job to jam another un cut gear stick in there if you ever wanted to go back.