306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Diablo PH1 TD04 XUD 176bhp chronic engine Faliure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Some may know I had a slammed PH2 blaze D Turbo but it got wrote off.

So a few weeks ago I bought this.

[Image: 501D08B8-FF17-4AAA-99D7-DD3A38539CCD-255...46275B.jpg]

[Image: 859429A9-ACAE-4C1E-916F-AC8A1691A132-255...0AA3E2.jpg]

£380 10 month mot 5 month tax on 123k body work is pretty mint for the age

Required a downpipe so I got a brand new one fitted

And the door looms had broken whilst the window was down so the previous owner ripped the door card off and cut the cables

I fixed the loom and fitted the motor out if my blaze.

I got it insured this week and Wednesday started ripping things off that are no longer wanted

[Image: C6A0BCC5-0F01-48DF-A4C8-624ACD768F27-235...5673FE.jpg]

This was replaced by this

[Image: 43EEC81E-D105-463B-8E9E-28057C4BBE87-235...FB3E01.jpg]

In the process I heard a hissing noise, I had broken the air con rad yes my £380 ph1 d turbo had pressurised air con! So need a new air con ra if anyone has one?

Then out came this

[Image: E4D19EEA-972B-4678-895F-FF2EAFA5EA7F-235...9EB5EC.jpg]

And this took its place

[Image: 21F4DCFF-5939-445F-ABF7-DCBD1C3BEF21-235...25AEA8.jpg]

Nice TD04 Smile

After that a nice cambelt change and this went on

[Image: A2268484-7254-4E93-80E3-03FEC49BF39A-235...6C60CD.jpg]

Then changed the top engine mount but didn't go to plan

So got the welder out and welded this in and fitted a new mount

[Image: 70AC5DA4-7910-43E5-85E8-C9228AF19274-235...04946B.jpg]

All ready and done Friday night ready for the rollers Saturday.

Video from the rollers

Rollers

I was hoping for around 150-160 and I'd be happy

Graph

[Image: BED681C8-C02C-415D-A76A-CD60F04EDA59-235...0516EE.jpg]

176.6 Bhp and 247 lb ft of torque I was really happy for a 9mm with a ground lda and gov mod and top mount

It's really clean on boost no smoke so I think bit more fuel and I could crack 180bhp

Comments and Criticism

Thanks
cough copy cat cough
Dont know what you mean Smile be quite different soon.
looks clean you dont hang about do you good luck with it
Thanks mate Smile few changes to come yet
it's a beast Danny lol . . . .just needs a tidy inside coz it's like a bloody turbo charged bin mate .Big Grin
could have cracked the 180 mark danny with some slight tweaks after all we hadnt had much time to tweak it
Danny i meant to ask, have you got a quick shift fitted or a cut down stick? you were making those changes pretty fast when you took me for a spin . .Smile
Good result there mate! Good work!
(14-10-2012, 05:02 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]Danny i meant to ask, have you got a quick shift fitted or a cut down stick? you were making those changes pretty fast when you took me for a spin . .Smile

haha he just uses his left arm allot......
You said you wouldn't tell anyone!

No i haven't pal clutch down bang it in gear bang clutch up job done, been meaning to get a griffiths quick shift may buy one just reminded me
No front mount?
Very impressed with that myself!
(14-10-2012, 08:00 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]No front mount?

front mounts are so last year . .Big Grin
Now I see where that fog light is coming from lol

Great to see the hard work this week has paid off.
Impressive result! :-) nice one!
How does the clutch hold out
Top mount ftw looking into other alternatives other than fmic

Cheers pal, clutch holds fine and it gets drove like a big boosted derv should every day expected it to slip but its ok for now.
What psi does that run? Thats a good result Big Grin
im suprised you can get that much still on a tmic! love it swap for my hdi?? ;-)
Haha I'm surprised to he has got that much from such a quick swop and tune. I must have got the last minute tweaking spot on. Just goes to show a top mount is up to the job. Makes it an uber stealth too! Ha a couple if talks with Danny and advised that water meth injection would be a good route next and simpler than fmic.
was good meeting you mate. your car is a epic sleeper lol. the graph is similar to mine apart mine didnt pull as good

[Image: Photo0482-1.jpg]
Cheers lads

Not a fan of hdi's I'm happy with this anyway for now.

It's running around 28 psi de wastegated

I'm liking the stealthy side of it but it has no stance need my coilies and wheels on asap
Doesnt the charge get hot as? Well something bloody hot!

Edit: Seeing this amount of power on a top mount has got me a mouse click away from buying a td04 Undecided
Not sure about simpler or cheaper than a front mount.

But it is a good way to go.

Good results through.
Don't think I know anyone with meths. Fancy something different everyone seems to just have big coolers hanging out the bumper which I'm not a fan of

Still pulls ok even after a hard drive.
The only thing that can fail on a FMIC setup is a pipe blowing, and if you use proper silicon, and beaded pipes this will NEVER happen, I promise..

Water meths has very high maintenance...using water alone is pretty useless, its the meths that makes it epicly effective, this costs money, and it will drink the stuff...trust me...so already more expensive day to day...you have wiring to fail, plumbing to fail, nozzles to fail, pump to fail, etcetc, so much more likely to cause problems, and its more expensive...theres nothing wrong with water meths injection, hell no, i run it, and its fantastic...BUT theres alot of people who seem to think its the better option / easier option...which really isnt the case IMO...

Also on the topic of fmic's....its worth noting, you can make ANY ammount of power on a dyno on a TMIC...the TMIC makes little difference in single pulls on a dyno, hell you could probs do 300hp on a hx35 on a tmic on a dyno....but driving it fast road / track would be hopeless...The problem with the TMIC is is simply dosnt cool down once its hot...on a dyno its fine, because its cool and during one pull dosnt get that hot...during normal driving however, it gets raping hot in the first 5 minutes, and is then totally useless from then on...I wouldnt say FMIC is last year at all / is pretty much essential in ANY tuned diesel setup....again IMO (I find myself having to use "IMO" constantly these days to avoid people starting heated debates all the stupid time!)

(15-10-2012, 07:02 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing that can fail on a FMIC setup is a pipe blowing, and if you use proper silicon, and beaded pipes this will NEVER happen, I promise..

Water meths has very high maintenance...using water alone is pretty useless, its the meths that makes it epicly effective, this costs money, and it will drink the stuff...trust me...so already more expensive day to day...you have wiring to fail, plumbing to fail, nozzles to fail, pump to fail, etcetc, so much more likely to cause problems, and its more expensive...theres nothing wrong with water meths injection, hell no, i run it, and its fantastic...BUT theres alot of people who seem to think its the better option / easier option...which really isnt the case IMO...

Also on the topic of fmic's....its worth noting, you can make ANY ammount of power on a dyno on a TMIC...the TMIC makes little difference in single pulls on a dyno, hell you could probs do 300hp on a hx35 on a tmic on a dyno....but driving it fast road / track would be hopeless...The problem with the TMIC is is simply dosnt cool down once its hot...on a dyno its fine, because its cool and during one pull dosnt get that hot...during normal driving however, it gets raping hot in the first 5 minutes, and is then totally useless from then on...I wouldnt say FMIC is last year at all / is pretty much essential in ANY tuned diesel setup....again IMO (I find myself having to use "IMO" constantly these days to avoid people starting heated debates all the stupid time!)

i'm only stirring Darren tbqh . .Big Grin . . . .point taken about charge temps, at the RR day i was on about to a few people about how much harder the car pulls on a cold evening it's stupid! . . . . . . .i suppose it depends on how you drive, if you rag it plenty you need extra cooling whichever route you go . .Smile
You don't need to have a fmic hanging out the front bumper, even a smallish fmic will work better than a tmic.

Just rip out the fans, wiring up a few slim fans and pipe up your front mount behind the bumper.
I'm only looking Into water meths, no idea where I would get the meths from tbh! Still researching about it tbh it just took interest to me as its a different route to a fmic.

Thanks for the input as saying still researching about it.
I used to get epic heat soak on a T2 running 12psi (lol) so fmic's (or equal cooling measures) are essential for cars running lots of fuel and boost!
Pages: 1 2 3