306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Project smokey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Here is my ph1 sigma blue dt, had him 3 years never let me down despite being abused so thought bout time i treated it.
Some scrote decided to reverse into it so my drivers door looked like this:
[Image: 52848b9e680ca4c4-1.jpg]

That got replaced and treated it to a new back bumper too and took the alloys off my girlfriends puma and it looked quite nice
[Image: 52848b9e688b4f5c-1.jpg]

I then tidied up the rust around the sunroof and decide to put carbon fibre vinyl on it ( u either like it or you dont ) iv upgraded the front brakes to gti-6 spec although still need to change the master cylinder.
Next i plan to refurb the black multispokes i had on it as one of the puma wheels was buckled and destroyed my rear bearing, sort out the body work and 'plasti dip' it matte black, hopefully getting some morrettes although may put my original lights back in, modify a spare grill i have, in 2 minds wether to lower it or not or wether to mess with the exhaust system.
I have converted it from lucas to bosch  i have a turbo off 2.1 xantia to put on when i get round to it, pump has been screwed a little but thats about it engine wise for now.
(sorry if this isnt really considered a project)

Right then, been playing with smokey this weekend, got my original headlights back on with clear indicators untill i get my morettes sorted so angel eyes are on the bay and will be advertised here too:

Before:
[Image: 5ceca42ab5b7f8e3-1.jpg]

And After:
[Image: 5ceca42ab5de2de1-1.jpg]

Also got my new aerial base and bee sting on and xsara mist jets fitted still waiting for my seats from jdmotorsport  then need to find some nice wheels my free chavvy wolfraces are looking a bit worse for wear, oo and carbon door pillar strips and diesel/ fake cap carbon strips

Little update with nimrods on.
[Image: 5284d8deb92f4b18-1.jpg]

Right pulled my finger out my butt and built my morettes up gonna get them on later wrapped my fuel cap strips not the best and ul probly say its a crap job but is my first attempt at wrapping 
[Image: 5ceca42a642e4d5d-1.jpg]
[Image: 5ceca42a645b2a05-1.jpg]

Got my morettes on yesterday:
[Image: 5284db8ee6917aa3-1.jpg]
13 hours at work so may aswell do something productive:
[Image: 5284db8ee6cf3f3c-1.jpg]
[Image: 5284da83e7002c1f-1.jpg]
All fitted and working, only 12 psi though.

Rolling road videos:

1st run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=232ZBNHT_...ata_player

2nd run after dan had a fiddle 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=232ZBNHT_...ata_player

Just a few of my fave pics from rr meet will update this later today hopefully 
[Image: 5ceca42aee9d130d-1.jpg]
[Image: 5ceca42aeeacb635-1.jpg]
[Image: 5ceca42aeebf701f-1.jpg]

Little bit of an update to show how it stands now, put my half leather interior in:
[Image: a6e8uvym-1.jpg]
Changed my rear quarter cards for ones with pockets 
[Image: bagudu2a-1.jpg]
And for s***s n giggles driving companions 
[Image: y9e7ugu2-1.jpg]

This weekend spare hubs clean up and painted

Before:
[Image: a2e4atad-1.jpg]

After:
[Image: nyry8a5u-1.jpg]

Ready for these:
[Image: ugeza8y2-1.jpg]

Right im off to play with wires 
Just been out playing with wires  moving switch etc ready to put my ph2 centre console in  so i put a ph2 stalk in for my rear fogs 
[Image: u7a7u8aq-1.jpg]
And moved my front fog switch to the right of the steering wheel
[Image: aze5ytyh-1.jpg]
the one on the right is for my fans  it will be having a blue backing and the picture removed 

This weekend i popped over to see my mom and got sick of seeing my ph2 centre console in my room soo today i decided its going in and while i was at it sort out my lights for my heater controls  bulb from a set of clocks from spike, cheer bud.
[Image: su2ahypu-1.jpg]

Couldnt be bother to mess with the control cables so off with the front.

Got it all fitted and relocated my bass controller too.
[Image: 7aquvudu-1.jpg]
These were in it so pointless not wiring them up.
[Image: yhyrupe7-1.jpg]
All in and finished, hands free unit is behind the dash and the speaker is in the top glove box.

Then got home and found a window switch lying round, all the bulbs had gone on mine and i had a few led's left so disected the switch to see if i could fit them.
[Image: dunepa3e-1.jpg]
Lights on:
[Image: u5ajavej-1.jpg]

Few things today  during the week i rewired my rear fog switch to work my cooling fans as i no longer needed it (moved them to a ph2 stalk)
[Image: 9adepuva-1.jpg]
[Image: udeta7ug-1.jpg]
Not the best pics but the first one is with the sidelights on and the second is with the fans switched on 
Today i fitted the alacantra door cards off jdm.
[Image: y6y7y5y2-1.jpg]
Then fitted my 15mm spacers on the rear from rossrox.
Before:
[Image: nemu4ezy-1.jpg]
After:
[Image: uzavadyp-1.jpg]
About time you put this up :p

Looking good mate as always Smile
Looks like a good project, love sigma Dt's get them morettes colour coded though will look 10x better Big Grin

Looks like your heading in the right direction now. Looked awfull with the angels , black wheels and lexarse lights. But looks really nice now :thumbup:
Coupple of recent pics for you mate
[Image: 100_5554.jpg]
[Image: 100_5555.jpg]

(08-10-2012, 06:21 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a good project, love sigma Dt's get them morettes colour coded though will look 10x better Big Grin

Looks like your heading in the right direction now. Looked awfull with the angels , black wheels and lexarse lights. But looks really nice now :thumbup:

I think the phase 1 looks better with non colour coded morettes personal opinion i guess tho Smile
The lexus lights were off my first pug and i just carried them onto the other 2 then decided to go ph2/3, the morettes i think will be staying black, at first i wanted to get them colour coded but decided against it.
Like R450 said i guess its down to personal taste. Amd im not a fan of them in black. Although i say that and i had astor ones on my DT with an astor grille lol
Iv got a spare grill im thinking of trying a gloss black grill and maybe get another from the scrap yard and try a badgeless grill in gloss black
Black A pillars, new gear knob and wind deflectors now on Smile
hiya mate are the angel eyes still for sale? cheers joe

p.s loving the car! Smile
Sorry bud they were sold a while ago, i put them on ebay and they went within an hour, cheers its getting there slowly needs body work sorting but need to get my rear axle and engine work done first
Gti shocks with dt springs new top mount bearings, hubs cleaned painted and new bearings pressed in, new hub pinch bolts (leg and ball joint) so just need a pair of arb bushes and ready to throw them on friday hopefully Smile
Get them on already dude Smile
I will do when the mrs stops breaking the 106
(15-10-2012, 12:46 PM)Parksy87 Wrote: [ -> ]I will do when the mrs stops breaking the 106

Bloody women lol. i still have got to fit all my bits its just havein the time lol Sad
Tiny update but powerflex lower mount should be on its way. Hehe
(15-10-2012, 06:00 PM)Parksy87 Wrote: [ -> ]Tiny update but powerflex lower mount should be on its way. Hehe

ninjaninjaninjaninja
Right then yesterday got the gti shocks on with d tub springs new top mounts Smile
Feels smoother already although still have the creaking/knockin somethimes so it can only be the arb bushes.
Also anyone thinking of changing their lower engine mount while the bracket is still on the car.... DONT :p proper awkward and resulted in me smashing my hands a few times.

Few pics for you all:
[Image: y3u6yqy6.jpg] - it finally came out.
[Image: aderutes.jpg]

Then this went in:
[Image: 4aqysa7y.jpg]
Nice bit of progress mate. Hows it handle now? Smile
Ye feels better with them legs on i think the passengerside topmount/bearing was knackered as i couldnt turn it very easily when i had the track rod disconnected etc so its sorted one knock/noise out just need to do the arb bushes and hope thats sorted the rest of the front end noises, that boot split when i slid it over the cone Sad but i just growled and swore then put the driveshaft i had off tom on instead :p
It split Sad had no trouble with mine did you fold it inside out first?
I firstime when i got it towards the end of the cone i slid it to far and that small hole went over then end so had to take it off n do it again but it split, never mind though i might get new cv's and boots and recon it
Slight issue with my back box last week, it fell out with the rest of my exhaust system so couldnt think of a better time to make a little change to it, thought about repairing my back box then thought nah my made had a few exhaust systems lying round so found a nice section of pipe and now it has a straight pipe instead Smile just need to organise a standard decatted downpipe.

Picture of it off while we filled a few pin holes and added another bar to secure the hanger Smile [Image: 3ena8y8u.jpg]
Will get a pic of it on tomoz.
little updates, decided to finally get the lumber support out of the passenger seat that was in the shed and sort my drivers seat out, fitted the lumber support and re crimped a few of the wires together so not i have a bit of support Tongue

also managed to get the arb and tortion bars out of my replacement drum beam which will be getting a lick of paint new seals and gti arb and tb's.

its getting there slowly, next weekend hopefully be changing my heater matrix because iv done 3 winters in it so far without heating i dont really fancy doing 4.
Thought id bite the bullet and picked my heater matrix up on wednesday then 10 minutes later my clutch went Sad the bearing had a fall out with the presure plate so they split :p so wednesday night was spent changing that, thursday afternoon and today was spent changing the heater matrix, the new one is in and majority of the dash is sorted tidied/re-routed a few of my wires while i was there.

Tomorrow im finishing putting my dash back together and then changing the thermostat + fuel filter housing and my d seal
New matrix in and after 3 n half years i finally have working heaters thermostat housing and fuel filter housing and hopefully sealed to stop my air in fuel problem when the car is left if no next plan of attack is new grenade, decided to have a look an see if my matrix was blocked so i cut the ends off it and the results were:
[Image: papu5uqa.jpg]
Only 4 out of 16 were able to pass water :p
Also gave smokey a wash:
[Image: e9ymaqud.jpg]
[Image: y7upeve6.jpg]
i think that heater matrix needed doing! looking good though especially after the wash!
Cheers dude, now i just need to clean the inside, tools are still all over the place lol
I like this very much! Need to get me some spacers!
Whey hey!!! what's it like having heat??
That's a shitter about the clutch bud but at least you now know your clutch is good for all those future horsesSmile
Need a hand getting my matrix done bud and as you've already done one..... lol R45 said he will also help.
Plenty of bacon/sausage sandwiches and tea/coffee/beer/red bull/monster energy available Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4