306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: boot full of water!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im having a huge problem with water getting into my boot... it was getting into my light units aswell but i have sealed those up with some clear mastic and that seems to have solved that problem...but sadly with all the rain over the past few days my boot is once again full of water and its getting under the back seats causing a lovely smell....can anyone offer me some advice? ive have searched for damaged seals around the boot and doors and cant see anything that would cause that much of a problem...please help me....[/size][/font]
It could be that the drain channels from the roof are blocked and water is then running inside.

Welcome to the forum by the way Smile
I'm afraid you've already dealt with what I was going to suggest. When I bought my dtub, the passenger side rear light had a hole in it that was letting water in, which then flooded into the boot. When I replaced it, the unit was actually full of water! lol

Welcome along as well. Wink
thank you scott... im taking the rotten, smelly boot liner out tomorrow.. and replacing it with a water tight rubber one.. im guessing the chap i bought it from had the same problem and just forgot to mention it to me when i handed him a wad of cash..lol.. i will re-check and clean all the seals again while im out there and see what i can do...

hi ' WiNgNuTz.... yea both my lights had rather large holes in the corners and the only thing missing from the units was a goldfish..lol... a lil mastic stopped the water filling them up and trashing my bulbs... just getting annoyed as i didnt buy a swimming pool with wheels...lol..
lol @ swimming pool with wheels. Another common one is the passenger footwell developing a large puddle in heavy rain!

It might be worth getting someone to spray a hose on the car and you sit inside and watch where the water comes in from.
There is only a certain number of ways water can actually enter the boot. Do you have a boot seal? is it damaged?
if its not boot seals like i said in chat box elle id go with scott and say drain channels other than that nothing would cause large amount of water?

welcome btw Smile
Mine's exactly the same. I think one of the previous owners lived somewhere with actual real life sunshine (not like where live), and as a consequence all my rubber seals are shagged.

My opening rear windows are the worst, you can see between the glass and rubber from outside, the seal has shrunk and is pushing the window out.
Hope this helps!
Do you have the rust hole in the rear passenger wheel arch? Water could come through there, but it'd be obvious because it'd be rusty water.
Hahahaha i do love 306s i have a nice pond with some koi in my passenger foot well of my DT Big Grin
ermm pug isnt that usually the heater matrix gone lol
are the rear wheel arch liners missing? if so then there are 3 bungs behind each wheel arch the water could be coming in through!
(09-10-2012, 02:00 PM)JackLewis_Dturbo Wrote: [ -> ]are the rear wheel arch liners missing? if so then there are 3 bungs behind each wheel arch the water could be coming in through!

ohh i never knew that myself
(09-10-2012, 01:41 PM)the milkman Wrote: [ -> ]ermm pug isnt that usually the heater matrix gone lol

Nah aint the matrix it is the passenget door seal. For how much iv had out of tjere tje last few weeks the coolant would be empty by now. And its still brimmed
ah fair enough, i know louis123 had a footwell full and it was the matrix
Yeah i no what they are like. I had the matrix go on jamma's car whe i owned it. Was a right PITA to do. As back then i didnt know my way round a 306 like i do now. But back on the subject of rain warter leaking any one got any idea of how to get the bloody door seal to stop pissing warter. Iv tried evey thing i can think of Sad
(09-10-2012, 02:45 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah i no what they are like. I had the matrix go on jamma's car whe i owned it. Was a right PITA to do. As back then i didnt know my way round a 306 like i do now. But back on the subject of rain warter leaking any one got any idea of how to get the bloody door seal to stop pissing warter. Iv tried evey thing i can think of Sad

easy! weld the door shut Big Grin people can get in through the boot!
Good idea! 5 door as well so no need for the boot. f*ck it ill weld that up just incase aswell Big Grin
Spoke to a 306 owner the other night and he was suffering from a similar snag.

He found the root of the problem stemmed from the previous owners when it had been reversed into a post and dented the rear panel just below the tailgate lock. The bump caused the joint seal between the rear panel and rear quarter (just below the rear light cluster) to crack and allow the ingress of water. As water was running off the the car and down the channel between the tailgate and body of the car it was being funnelled through the crank and into the boot.

It may not be the cause of your water ingress but worth checking as it wasn't too obvious looking at the seal on his car.

Good luck
thank you all for your help..my car is currently over a pit as am replacing the entire engine..( got a reconditioned engine with only 36,000 on the clock..better then the 140,00 that are on the original engine..lol)..have removed the boot liner and made a few small drainage holes to keep the water out as it was soaking my back seats too... will check the boot and wheel arches for damage etc when i get a chance and keep you updated ... there are no obvious dents in the rear of the car but you never no what its previous owner has hidden...