306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: F**king LOL!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
haha brilliant!
at first i thought iwas just some guy testing out his gopro on a boring run to school!
wasnt sure what was going to happen there thats brill "if the cross is empty give her plenty" lol
I don't get it? Just seemed like wasted some tyre to me!
Haha! Played it with my colleague in the office and he was in fits!
(04-10-2012, 12:47 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get it? Just seemed like wasted some tyre to me!

its called 'fun' Tom, you should try it sometime! Tongue
You wouldn't Tom, dw. People use their cars for fun, it's a totally alien concept to you...
(04-10-2012, 12:54 PM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2012, 12:47 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get it? Just seemed like wasted some tyre to me!

its called 'fun' Tom, you should try it sometime! Tongue

Torque is fun, or holding corners at the point where the tyres just start to twitch....but sliding around leaving a junction doesnt seem fun at all, each to thier own though!
it most certainly is! as is leaving half your tyre on the road and in the air or coming thru your vents on the limiter for 100 feet is also fun!

mildly chavvy, but psshhtt... i like it Big Grin
Could power out of junctions in the Mazda* like that, but you had to be brutal with the clutch and once it had swung it's ass one way then the next way then you'd had it cos there was no more power available to keep the wheels spinning!

*Apparently.
(04-10-2012, 01:10 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: [ -> ]Could power out of junctions in the Mazda* like that, but you had to be brutal with the clutch and once it had swung it's ass one way then the next way then you'd had it cos there was no more power available to keep the wheels spinning!

*Apparently.

Thought an MX5 didn't have enough power to break traction? Wink
as soon as i saw the wheels i knew what was going to happen
(04-10-2012, 01:49 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Thought an MX5 didn't have enough power to break traction? Wink

Damn, beaten to the punch. lol
(04-10-2012, 12:57 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Torque is fun, or holding corners at the point where the tyres just start to twitch....but sliding around leaving a junction doesnt seem fun at all, each to thier own though!

Hold the corner till the tyres start to twitch, then keep going till they squeal. At this point, unless you have buckets, you should be using the gearstick to hold yourself upright, and your knees against the steering column to aswel. Whence they begin to squeal a lot plant your foot for a split second, then lift off the throttle completely. Enjoy the epic oversteerz.
Becauseracecar

So im told
(04-10-2012, 04:24 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2012, 12:57 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Torque is fun, or holding corners at the point where the tyres just start to twitch....but sliding around leaving a junction doesnt seem fun at all, each to thier own though!

Hold the corner till the tyres start to twitch, then keep going till they squeal. At this point, unless you have buckets, you should be using the gearstick to hold yourself upright, and your knees against the steering column to aswel. Whence they begin to squeal a lot plant your foot for a split second, then lift off the throttle completely. Enjoy the epic oversteerz.
Becauseracecar

So im told

Im also told that if you do that, you can get the car on 3 wheels round roundabouts, and then switch rear wheels when coming out of the round about.....so im told
(04-10-2012, 01:49 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2012, 01:10 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: [ -> ]Could power out of junctions in the Mazda* like that, but you had to be brutal with the clutch and once it had swung it's ass one way then the next way then you'd had it cos there was no more power available to keep the wheels spinning!

*Apparently.

It doesn't. Nor does a Micra, but if you're brutal enough with the launch it will still spin it's wheels! That's all this is really, dumping the clutch from a standstill - easy. The fishtailing part is harder, especially in an mx5 where there isn't enough power once you get up to a certain road speed to keep the wheels spinning fast enough.

Understand me now dude?
Fast hands, for drifting are needed.
well... i never went to school like that. i did however pull a handbrake turn into a parking space and parked perfectly! It was icy so dont say you cant do one in a 306 Wink looked cool for all of about 20 seconds before teachers had a go at me D:
(04-10-2012, 04:52 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2012, 01:49 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]

*Apparently.

It doesn't. Nor does a Micra, but if you're brutal enough with the launch it will still spin it's wheels! That's all this is really, dumping the clutch from a standstill - easy. The fishtailing part is harder, especially in an mx5 where there isn't enough power once you get up to a certain road speed to keep the wheels spinning fast enough.

Understand me now dude?

No mate, I don't understand. In the above paragraph (with the patronising smart arse ending) you say that an MX5 and a Micra don't have the power to break traction, but that dumping the clutch will make it break traction...

Do you understand you?
I think it's pretty obvious what car is getting at even if he's not quite worded it properly.

Basically if you floor either car while in gear with the clutch up, it won't spin up under acceleration, you need to clutch kick.

Although I do slightly disagree, my mx5 will break traction under full lock with full throttle in first, even from a rolling start with no clutch-work involved.

I see you have not changed.

Hehehe what did you want? A eco vid
(04-10-2012, 04:29 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Im also told that if you do that, you can get the car on 3 wheels round roundabouts, and then switch rear wheels when coming out of the round about.....so im told

Indeed, although when there's a great big bump on the exit you can actually get both rear wheels off the floor and that's when it gets interesting....

And even my mother goes drifting in her MX-5, pull yer finger out CAR.