306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: New Guy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone my name is Avinash, I'm new to 306OC, very excited to be here, I am not a newbie on the car scene, neither am I a 306 virgin, I have owned 2 306s in the last 3 years, a 1.8 LX & 1.8 GLX, though they have the worst engines imaginable I am still excited about buying a 1.6 LX or GLX in the coming months. Looking forward to connecting with other 306 owners.

Quick list of my car history in order.
306 1.8 LX
VX Astra G 1.6 Club
306 1.8 GLX
Honda Accord 6 Gen 2.0 SE Executive
VW Golf MK4 1.6 S
Current: VX Astra G CDX 1.8
Future: 306 1.6 LX or GLX
Welcome Smile
Welcome mate
Welcome Smile I'm guessing you're from North London?

I'm surprised you weren't keen on the 1.8 engine! I think you'll probably be disappointed with the 1.6
Why a 1.6. Just get a DT and with a simple tune will pull a lot better han even the 1.8 and be much more driveable
Both my 1.8s kept shutting down, my glx was a write off, since then the dvla has limited me to automatics after tearing my left foot's tendon, sad times, now a family man not too keen on power, but cruising & practicality, tweeking electricals & lighting. I'm a west londoner.
Welcome along. Auto 306 are quite hard to come by. I take it you have 1 linned up
Welcome along buddy
Welcome Smile Scott and I are in Harrow and there's a couple of people in Hayes, so not too far!
@kimmie, We're practically neighbours, I'm around Acton, travel daily to Hounslow and weekends in Southall.

@puglove, I have 7 lined up phase 2 were nice to practice around, have most knowledge I need, got my eyes set on phase 3 lx or glx in auto, I would love to have a diesel or a gti-6 they are rare, I can always build a replica (cosmetically ofcourse).

Anyone wanna help me upload some pictures?
welcome!
welcome! Smile
Welcome
(04-10-2012, 09:25 AM)N45HX Wrote: [ -> ]@kimmie, We're practically neighbours, I'm around Acton, travel daily to Hounslow and weekends in Southall.

@puglove, I have 7 lined up phase 2 were nice to practice around, have most knowledge I need, got my eyes set on phase 3 lx or glx in auto, I would love to have a diesel or a gti-6 they are rare, I can always build a replica (cosmetically ofcourse).

Anyone wanna help me upload some pictures?

Pretty sure there was never a GTI6 Auto option ever made. Im not sure iv ever seen a hdi either although there may have been some.
Hence why I said I would love one, seeing as they all look the same I can always badge one up to look like one. See I'm disabled now, and unemployed, I limp, I bleed and I can't drive manual. I've noticed some members here are right c***s and really look down on exterior mods that are not OEM+ ?
thinking out loud.... but how hard would it be to convert a manual to an auto? surely just bolt the box on, and then the controller?
welcome bud. Smile