306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: more mot changes are coming...........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
taken off a trade site;

VOSA has announced that the MoT certificate must now record the mileage of a vehicle for the current test, as well as the mileage recorded on the last three certificates.

The change comes into effect on November 18, 2012 and means a more accurate vehicle history can be relayed to the potential buyer of a used car.

Sue Robinson, director of the RMI National Franchised Dealers Association (NFDA), said: “This is great news for used car dealers who will gain a much more accurate picture of a vehicle’s history.

“The NFDA have long campaigned for rigorous regulation of clocking and this change in legislation is a positive step to wipe out rogue activity. Additionally, consumers will benefit from the changes as it means they will have a completely accurate account of the current condition of the used car they are purchasing.”

so, is the end in sight for people clocking cars ?????
Mileages are already recorded online back to 2005 arent they? Not quite sure what the difference is....
Yeah what Dan said really
(03-10-2012, 06:09 PM)Dan! Wrote: [ -> ]Mileages are already recorded online back to 2005 arent they? Not quite sure what the difference is....

most people dont realise you can check these and you need the mot details when you check so cant do it until your there looking at a new car. At least this way, its just in front of you!
Ahh I see Nial. Although in the past I have gone to see a car and just popped the V5 number into the DVLA website on my phone and checked the MOT's/mileage on the spot, although this obviously makes it easier for less knowledgeable folk.

Seems odd that they are only adding the last 3 years mileage to the MOT certificate though. May aswel add all years info for the sake of another 3/4/5 lines on the sheet of paper. That way its completely comprehensive.
(03-10-2012, 06:27 PM)Dan! Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh I see Nial. Although in the past I have gone to see a car and just popped the V5 number into the DVLA website on my phone and checked the MOT's/mileage on the spot, although this obviously makes it easier for less knowledgeable folk.

Seems odd that they are only adding the last 3 years mileage to the MOT certificate though. May aswel add all years info for the sake of another 3/4/5 lines on the sheet of paper. That way its completely comprehensive.

Yeah fair enough but the likes of us lot on this forum know these systems exists. Your typical 40 year old out to but a 8 year old car from a small time dealer will probably look, drive and have a brief look over the paperwork. Maybe HPI it as well.
so... its nothing you can't look up on the net
What if you buy an old car and need to replace the clocks?

Although pressumably these cars arent going to be worth much on the second hand market, would it fail an mot test?
all we do is put the mileage, it doesn't matter if its lower than the previous mot
(03-10-2012, 06:35 PM)stevieg Wrote: [ -> ]so... its nothing you can't look up on the net

yes you can but what im saying is most people dont realise this. Its just another way of making buying cars for the likes of people who dont know about cars safer