306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: performance hdi clutch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If im correct i need an uprated clutch to cope with a stage 2
Tune.

Had tax rebate so ive ordered fmic and bmc cda filter
i have straight through and disabled egr. Once fitted i will
have stage 2 map.

Can someone recommend a performance clitch
Helix and Sachs both come highly rated, i understand Sachs do an uprated one for the berlingo that, so far, seems to hold the torque just fine.
CG 306 XUD Paddle clutch, will fit a HDI with a few bits being swapped over. I'm running one on my car and it's doing the job lovely and only cost £220
Poodle, whats the price for the berlingo one do you know? I've heard a lot of forum talk about it but never any prices?
Not much different to the 306 afaik. If you're going to go CG, be wary of buying the ones made for the HDi, there's been a lot of bad experiences with the quality of their products.
Would'nt of botherd with the cda, spend more money on a good clutch and dont buy anything off ebay!
AFAIK that was only on the sprung paddle clutches mate as they go coil bound past 270 lb/ft and snap the springs!
Indeed, it was more the quality/construction issues that worried me. Fitting the friction plate backwards is a pretty major fail, as was the friction material falling off the plates after 500 miles lol.
Ok.. that may not've been what i was thinking of Tongue True, at least sachs is a proven brand.
ive just been on the phone to helix and for a clutch to hold 270ft lb's of toque looking for nearly £400!! either there having my pants down or thats the price i should be looking at, think i will be going for limited toque to save a lot of money.... i was only looking to spend £200 is that an unreal figure?
Go for the Helix or Sachs IMO mate. Yes theyer alot but if you buy cheap youll buy twice.

CG are a bunch of cowboys that consider snapping springs normal wear and tear and the fact that a clutch overstrokes perfectly acceptable.

Also dont believe anyone who tells you that swapping to an XUD set up with a new Valeo will hold the power of a stage 2 cos it wont
What he said lol, good clutches are expensive unfortunately.