306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Mot!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does the speedo need to work? My rev counter works but not my mph????

Balls!
Nope........

I know someone thats been using a sat nav as a speedo for about 3 years now lol.
Toms right, the speedo doesn't have to work
my mph cuts in and out.
Lol - 1 forum says yes,another forum says no

Typical
Yeah but were right :-)
you dont need a speedo. how would they test it??
Oh, just had a look at the other forum, you used to get away with no speedo, but maybe thats not the case any more then! Confused
Providing you have a way of displaying speed in either kph or mph, your all good. Just put a satnav in the car (not on the windscreen - that's a fail) and your good
Heres the link from the otherside - I'm not so sure now then!

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/car...-2012.html
"The car will fail if a speedometer is not fitted, "

Stick a shat nav in the car and problem solved.
Listen to this forum!! Big Grin
fitted, but may not work at all----as yet its operation isnt a testable item.
No where can I find it will fail only be an advisory if speedo is defective
They cant fail it, as they can only legal test it on the ramp or on the brake rollers, any parts moving it to/between ramps is not legaly apart of the test so how can they test it?
Balls just found it on vosa website
And the 100% true verdict is?
Needs to work lol
we have never failed a car on a speedo not working as theres no way to test it thats within the mot guidelines
I've printed out the MOT guidelines and testing and the car will fail the speedometer is non operative...my rev gauge is fine just my mph gauge is screwed. Hopefully sort it today Sad
i would have just bunged it through mot and hope they didn't notice, but i'm not you Smile
Got my mot this week Sad In all fairness, i cant see it failing on much except my epicly shit headlight alignment!
Only thing mine will fail on I reckon will be the speedo cause ain't got time to fix it. Gona pay the garage to fid the fault Sad
Just stick a satnav in, Our lasses 106 mot'd fine like this even tho they took it off the windscreen for "obstructing drivers view" Lol
Rather pass mine legally lol it's in the garage now getting sorted before the MOT lol as I had enough of trying to fix it
Well it failed on 5 things will list them later but who ever can guess all 3 things it failed on I will send a chocolate bar in the post!

(Excluded 2things listed on my Facebook)
Well no one wants chocolate then lol
Handbrake inefficiency, headlight aims and cv boot
Not all 3 are correct....
handbrake?
Pages: 1 2