306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: top strut brace bolts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
picked up an omp strut brace yesterday for the great sum of £10 just not sure if I need extended bolts to fit them or not?
or will the standard ones do?
The standard ones don't fit as Matt will tell you. Swampy sells them but there's also a seller on eBay that does them for a fiver.
Swampy has a thread in the for sale section :-)
didn't think standard would fit, should be able to get some down local tool place on saturday, don't suppose anyone knows what strength they should be?
I tried that and they ended up making horrible noises when you turned. Check the eBay listing should give you an idea of what you need.
Screwfix. Bag of 50 for about a fiver!
(26-09-2012, 08:52 PM)vlj Wrote: [ -> ]I tried that and they ended up making horrible noises when you turned. Check the eBay listing should give you an idea of what you need.

You mean with standard length?
I'll just whip one out and drive down with it can't really go wrong with a bolt...
Standard ones will fit but apparently won't have enough thread on them to be safe. Just go down the local place and whip one out in the car park to get the same size, wouldn't bother messing around with swampy.

When you get the replacement ones make sure they are literally only 5mm longer then standard as otherwise they will touch the springs and you will get a lovely clang when you go from lock to lock (speaking from experience there!).
(26-09-2012, 08:58 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Liquid metal. tube of it for less than a fiver!

I thought you only used that on your engine internals?
Lol repped Sam!
well don't think I need any now, had a look earlier, eyed it up to the car before work, and seems that its a bit bent on the drivers side mount.

Think the guy I bought it off must have forgotten about the crash he had! will have a play on the weekend but doubt it can be used for much apart from screwing to the wall as a towel rail Sad
(27-09-2012, 01:13 AM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-09-2012, 08:58 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Liquid metal. tube of it for less than a fiver!

I thought you only used that on your engine internals?

Liquid metal works wonders at blocking holes.....fixing strut braces though.....hmmm will try this when I get mine instead of spending 4 quid on bolts!
(27-09-2012, 01:55 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Liquid metal works wonders at blocking holes.....

Is that what you tell Fiona?
(27-09-2012, 02:59 PM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-09-2012, 01:55 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Liquid metal works wonders at blocking holes.....

Is that what you tell Fiona?

As said I can supply them, you will also find me selling them on eBay.

A bolt is not a bolt.
They do differ