306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Toms306s "Bit Of A 'State"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[attachment=2989]

Yay, milestone milage....lol.

(14-10-2012, 10:37 AM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]buy injectors.

Might not be them though, they're obviously not great but pointless randomly changing them lol. Smile

And cheers poodle and c2k. Wink
I'd make a crap fuel thief...just taken me half an hour to get 30 litres of diesel from the Golf to the 306 lol! Still some left but I'll take the tank off soon.

[Image: EstateandDiesel052.jpg]

Ended up using a jar get the fuel out (dow egberts coffee, 500ml), funnel it into the diesel can then put every 5 litres into the Hdi! lol

[Image: EstateandDiesel084.jpg]

And yay, a full tank again.....over 400 miles of driving, cost of fuel £0! Big Grin

[Image: EstateandDiesel086.jpg]

On another note, these turned up today!

[Image: EstateandDiesel082.jpg]
you prat. could of just put 12v across the pump and let that do the work. Was going to do it with my 1.8 until i realised there was fuel everywhere and i had taken the loom out so had to bodge 12v to it......didnt like the idea of sparks next to petrol!
(16-10-2012, 06:19 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]you prat. could of just put 12v across the pump and let that do the work. Was going to do it with my 1.8 until i realised there was fuel everywhere and i had taken the loom out so had to bodge 12v to it......didnt like the idea of sparks next to petrol!

Was just gonna switch the ignition on.....but the batterys not got enough power to run the pump now! Sad and I didn't wanna use the hdi battery incase I killed it haha.
(16-10-2012, 06:19 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]you prat. could of just put 12v across the pump and let that do the work. Was going to do it with my 1.8 until i realised there was fuel everywhere and i had taken the loom out so had to bodge 12v to it......didnt like the idea of sparks next to petrol!

Did this with my pug. Took about 10 minutes for 25 litres. Then sold it for £20.
RIGHT....Have decided to stop messingaround and make a decision re: calipers.

I'm dropping it into the garage tomorow to have the front hoses changed and bled, they're just gonna leave that rear nipple until theres a problem. They're also gonna change that cv boot........that'll be the 4th one I've done down there all on different cars! lol But I dont have a vice or 35mm socket so easier just to let them sort it.

Also hopefully sorting the EML before the weekend, with a better reader than the chap shit one or the ELM lol.

And then I may take it on a bit of a roadtrip but we'll see! Smile

And I'll leave you with the latest pic. Smile

[Image: GolfBreaking221012016.jpg]
Notice anything missing?? Big Grin

[Image: GolfEngineDrop037.jpg]

Yup, thats right, EML has gone!

It's true, buy cheap, buy twice....well in my case 3 times! Undecided The Clarke code reader was shit, the ELM was shit. So I bought this earlier....nearly £180 in machinemart....luckily I found somewhere much cheaper lol. Thought I might aswell get a proper generic one istead of anything like Pugplanet seeing as how I get though so many cars lol. I'd checked and cleared the fault code (gate position select low) before even leaving the shop parking space! lol

[Image: GolfEngineDrop009.jpg]
How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking?
(24-10-2012, 06:15 PM)Strikeforce Wrote: [ -> ]How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

£114.34.

Used some of my college bonus (which has just come through) to buy it. It looks like a lot.........but most garages charge £50 just to read faults so its paid for itself after 3 times! Also means I can read codes on other peoples cars to make a bit of money back. Smile
oooow you got a doors open light!
wonder if mine has and no lamp in there?
(24-10-2012, 07:45 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]oooow you got a doors open light!
wonder if mine has and no lamp in there?

It doesnt work! Its on constantly as some knob put a bulb in there when the car doesn't have that function! Sad If I could be bothered to take the clocks out I'd remove the bulb, but as the eml was on constant it didnt make much difference then lol.
Paying garages to do work?! Dude! Grow some! Brake flexi hoses aren't fun to change but they are easy just time consuming.

Glad you finally sorted the EML though. Does anyone know how the wiring works for the doors open light?
Chris, if you'd seen the rust on the hose ends you wouldn't attempt it either! Tongue. Tbh I just want it sorted, its something I could do with the right equipment but meh, just want it done.

As for the doors open, is just wire it to the courtesy light doors feed tbh, I'm probably wrong though lol.
Brake hoses done! Glad I didn't f*ck around with the siezed nipple lol.

They said they'd charge an hour and even whipped the pad out and put the spring back that I've been meaning to do for ages lol.

[Image: HDiParkers018.jpg]

If you want a laugh.....the girl on the front desk originally did me a quote for new calipers all round plus labour instead of changing nipples...... £900! lmao But yeah I spoke to the tech after and he said he'd do the hoses in an hour so not too bad. Smile
I had to have my caliper re-tapped for a bleed nipple once, kept the car off the road for 3 days and I had to get the train to work. I hate anything to do with brake fluid to be honest, never have much confidence in myself!
Bloody cheap french crap....I miss German build quality! Undecided lol

[attachment=3188]

Meh, remote doesn't work anyway, atleast I still have the plain key.
Mine has done that and I only have 1 key Sad

I have a replacement fob but I can't remove the little black chip thingamajig for the immobiliser.
Sucks doesn't it. Sad And, why not? Chip should just pull out, I've changed them before.
ive got the working one in my drivers door card pocket! Big Grin Might need this back a bit sooner than i though but Still got a lot to consider though! Ill send you the monies over soon as there is no internet at home D:

looking good though!
Looking covered in mud and bird shit atm lol. Sad

Lol yeah, sorry about the key Sam, I would buy you another case but as it doesnt work anyway theres not much point lol.

Don't want to tempt fate here but I've done about 350 miles in 3 days in it........took it to Norwich and back and twice and a another lengthy journey...without any major probs! (Yet).

Let me know when you reckon you want it back via FB then mate Smile ...Avensis is up for sale as of now. Wink
Haven't check this in a while but tom, why did you spend £114 on a code reader?! you could've got a £12 bluetooth OBD dongle from eBay and used your phone!
I can't even use my phone for phoning let alone apps! Confused. But seriously, I was fed up buying cheap shit that doesn't work. This will work with most cars and should last me a While, its updated via the pc for free as well. Smile

On another note....I spoke too soon earlier! The car wouldn't start for ages this evening, had to giveut a good boot of throttle first! Undecided better just be a one off!
This happened on my old one a couple of times. It was when I didn't crank it for long enough, so tried again straight away. Turn it completely off for a few seconds and try again.
Well I thought it was an immob issue as I done the same on the golf, but the fact it started with some throttle really confused me lol! I do think I may have been a bit quick with the key though, usually wait for lights to go off but was in a rush.
dont leave the keys in the ign with the engine off as the immo locks and you have to take the keys out/ then reinset them to unlock again
or the engine will just turn and not fire
Nah thats not what happened, I basically jumped in the car put the key in and turned it straight away, didn't wait for the lights to go out or anything. I'll just not rush so much in future lol.
Why did you not just buy a lexia/pp2000?
Because I wanted something ill be able to use on any car I get....can't guarantee I'll only have peugeots lol....plus pp woulda cost more anyway!
Well, after a weekend of driving pretty hard, lots of *cough* 80mph+ *cough*, several traffic light grand prixs at all the 'merge in turn' signs that Norwich seems to like...and and the fact most of the time it was like 3 degress c........I was expecting mpg to be terrible.

But I done 324 miles to 28.65 litres (£40!!) which is 52mpg. So no different to the eco run that I done before lol!! lol So in that case, sod trying to drive it economically! Big Grin
(30-10-2012, 05:01 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, after a weekend of driving pretty hard, lots of *cough* 80mph+ *cough*, several traffic light grand prixs at all the 'merge in turn' signs that Norwich seems to like...and and the fact most of the time it was like 3 degress c........I was expecting mpg to be terrible.

But I done 324 miles to 28.65 litres (£40!!) which is 52mpg. So no different to the eco run that I done before lol!! lol So in that case, sod trying to drive it economically! Big Grin

thats good to know! would easily cost me about £60 in the 1.8! D:

(29-10-2012, 08:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Nah thats not what happened, I basically jumped in the car put the key in and turned it straight away, didn't wait for the lights to go out or anything. I'll just not rush so much in future lol.

best not be treating my car badly!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8