306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Sell It or Break it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You might have seen the thread I put up a couple days ago about the 406 I bought. Long story short, didn't get on with it, back in the 306 and the 406 is on the driveway.

I can't do anything until the log book comes back but trying to decide what to do. I'm torn between selling it or breaking it to try and recoup the money. Paid £350.

2001 406 Estate HDI 90
Climate control
Auto wipers/lights
Foglights
blah blah

It has 12 months MOT though so I could punt it on Gumtree aimed at say a builder or window cleaner as something they can put their ladders on, etc. Paint is shit, it was red but as it's an ex-taxi it has been painted white at some point...badly.

Opinions?
How come your selling it so soon?
May as well try and sell it whole first, nothing to lose. Can't imagine you getting a huge amount more from breaking really...
(25-09-2012, 10:21 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]How come your selling it so soon?

It's a bit of a shed and I really don't like it. I bought it as the beam is going on the dt, however after one day of driving it I decided I'd fix the dt.

When I drive my 306 it makes me happy, that made me depressed lol
Pics? Red but painted white? lol Sounds a right shed! Can't really complain for 350 with 12 months MOT though!
Would be alot easier to sell it. That would be my 1st option anyway
My dad went to buy a hatch of a estate and the bloke said he keeps breaking the hdi 406 as he's making near enough 2k on it!
if you break it, i will have the interior loom and BSI and immob chip

ninja
I say sell it on, it'll be good cheap workhorse for someone.
Stick it up for sale; £400 ONO. Advertise it to local cab firms.. See what happens!