306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: injectors maybe??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My hdi goes well now with straight through BUT......
I have noticed she backs off a tiny bit at about 3000-3200rpm

previous experience tells me i may have a dodgy injector?.

Is it worth putting some some injector cleaner in?.
Bosch recommends you don't use injector cleaner with any of their common rail pumps. Are you sure she's backing off, or is it the lack of injector noise that makes it sound like she's backing off?
You can feel it a little. Or just wandered if it might be egr
Is it mapped? they will feel as if they're backing off as they rev higher as the torque reduces a fair amount past 3k
No its standard atm. All ive done is k&n panel filter. Straight through exhaust.
End of the weekim fitting my fmic if it arrives and next month will be remap.
Sounds pretty normal to me then really.. ideal shift point is about 3.5k anyway tbh.. unless it's a very noticeable drop in power, you could always try unplugging the MAF and seeing if it makes any difference..
(26-09-2012, 11:11 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds pretty normal to me then really.. ideal shift point is about 3.5k anyway tbh.. unless it's a very noticeable drop in power, you could always try unplugging the MAF and seeing if it makes any difference..
Tried unplugging maf but no change. Maybe im reving it too high.
It is quite a noticable drop but pulls quite hard upto about 3000-3200.
Then feels as if it backs off abit.

Ill see what shes like with fmic remap and my bmc filter on.
Apart from that she purrs and burbles nice and keeps up with
my misses 115bhp focus. SmileSmile
Sounds about right then really mate, like you say, see how it goes after you've mapped it Smile
(26-09-2012, 12:02 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds about right then really mate, like you say, see how it goes after you've mapped it Smile
Yeah she should go well.

Thanks to everyone for your help much appreciated.
SmileSmileSmile
Ah if it's standard that's pretty much normal, as mnc says, they let off the fuelling at that point on the standard map. For some reason i thought this was stage 1'd...
SmileSmileSmile
(26-09-2012, 01:14 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Ah if it's standard that's pretty much normal, as mnc says, they let off the fuelling at that point on the standard map. For some reason i thought this was stage 1'd...
Not yet. Will be by end of the month