306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: parrots pugrat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks good fella! Need that boost turned up higher though. Wink
This thread got more and more rediculous throughout, keep up the good work lol
(23-09-2012, 11:06 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good fella! Need that boost turned up higher though. Wink

thanks
if i turn the boost up to 20psi it blows hose's off due to the cheap and nasty hose clips and it don't feel any faster and sounds wrong,as if its struggling some how

as the intercooler is pretty efficient at cooling i am more than likly getting enough air(oxygen) for the fuel im running anyway so it may be running too lean at 20psiHmm
This is awesome Big Grin
that battery needs sorting...
(23-09-2012, 11:32 AM)tsotd Wrote: [ -> ]that battery needs sorting...

will be fitting my yellow top optima in the boot soon so that one can go to give me some space to move the turbo too Cool
(23-09-2012, 11:18 AM)parrotveasey81 Wrote: [ -> ]if i turn the boost up to 20psi it blows hose's off due to the cheap and nasty hose clips

Thatll be because you have no lip on your boost hoses for the clamps to clip onto, theres people running 2 bar on jubilee clips.

I suspect that you havent bought a decent EWG for the screamer pipe and thats where the issue with a funny noise past 20psi and going no faster is coming from cos the EWG cant cope with wny more boost.

As about the only person to of run an EWG and screamer on here I know a little about them and without buying a ridiculously oversize (50mm plus) and over priced HKS or similar one you need custom springs in the gate to go past 20psi.

What size gate are you running?
(23-09-2012, 02:02 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-09-2012, 11:18 AM)parrotveasey81 Wrote: [ -> ]if i turn the boost up to 20psi it blows hose's off due to the cheap and nasty hose clips

Thatll be because you have no lip on your boost hoses for the clamps to clip onto, theres people running 2 bar on jubilee clips.

I suspect that you havent bought a decent EWG for the screamer pipe and thats where the issue with a funny noise past 20psi and going no faster is coming from cos the EWG cant cope with wny more boost.

As about the only person to of run an EWG and screamer on here I know a little about them and without buying a ridiculously oversize (50mm plus) and over priced HKS or similar one you need custom springs in the gate to go past 20psi.

What size gate are you running?

im running the standard waste gate not a external one

yea it dont help that there is no lip on my boost pipes but the cheap hose joiners are a loose fit and the hose clips are the cheap ones you get in the kit and when done up too tight they spring back undone abit

when i do run 20psi the screamer is not soo loud as there is not much excess exhaust gases going past the waste gate as there is not enough fuel to run 20psi with a lot of excess gases needed to be bypassed

the noise i do get is hard to describe,and it feels as if its holding back abit

17psi it will pull almost 70 in 3rd on the motor way but at 20psi it wont go past 60
Erm, running a diesel lean really wouldn't be a problem lol. Seems odd about the boost, pump tune a bit lacking maybe..?
(23-09-2012, 04:32 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Erm, running a diesel lean really wouldn't be a problem lol. Seems odd about the boost, pump tune a bit lacking maybe..?

the max fuel screw is all the way in so cant get anymore fuel from there,i did try it with the boost compensator screwed out abit but no real difference

as far as i know on full boost its clean,no smoke at all so its lean anway and as you say is not a problem on a diesel as they run lean anyway but to run it even more lean so it feels and sounds wrong can not be right or even good for itHuh

cant realy tell in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohNpPluI1oU
I don't know how Jammapic did his pump tune, but that'd be the thing to look up. Doesn't seem to be much decent info about on tuning lucas pumps.

Is the boost gauge definitely good..?
(23-09-2012, 06:22 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how Jammapic did his pump tune, but that'd be the thing to look up. Doesn't seem to be much decent info about on tuning lucas pumps.

Is the boost gauge definitely good..?

i have done it jammapic's wayWink
yea as far as i know the gauge is goodHmm
Oh fair enough, i really don't know what to suggest then. The boost compensator should make as much difference as the max fuel screw in theory, advancing it a little should help as well, but if you've tried that then... The pump should really be able to supply more than 17psi-on-a-t2's worth of fuel, or so James lead us to believe... Meh, i know feck all about XUDs anyway, wrong person to be giving advice on pump tuning lol. All i know is my bosch/t2 combo was barely slower than yours seems in that vid, and that was with a relatively light pump tune and no boost increase, hence the questions/wondering.
i think i will just put it down to a good intercooler setupCool

we cant realy go on psi alone as some will know 30psi on a t2 puts out less bhp than 30psi on a td04Wink
this looks kinda cool, what was that thing ratchet strapped to the side?
This car makes me laugh! Some real whacky ideas but i really like it so keep going!
just laughed numerous times looking at all those pics . . . . . . .some crazy work there fella . . . . .you need to get a Bosch stuck on there dude . . .. . . this thing needs to run veg, end of . .lol
(24-09-2012, 06:14 PM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]this looks kinda cool, what was that thing ratchet strapped to the side?

(24-09-2012, 07:25 PM)tomw1123 Wrote: [ -> ]This car makes me laugh! Some real whacky ideas but i really like it so keep going!

(24-09-2012, 07:35 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]just laughed numerous times looking at all those pics . . . . . . .some crazy work there fella . . . . .you need to get a Bosch stuck on there dude . . .. . . this thing needs to run veg, end of . .lol

that was side exit exhaust's,i wanted to see if it was posable to run side pipes like kitcars but with bike cans so i made up a quick setup but 6 out of 7 miles to work it was draging on the floor lol

thanks

thanks,a bosch setup is on the cards but never have the money when there is one about and now it will half to wait till next year as there is only another 3 paydays till xmas so now the kids come first
lol, thats what i thought it was, nice effort!
Saw this last night at cribbs, fair play it's definitely different haha
should of come over and say hi

not much to update but fitted a set of component speakers to the rear panels,use it to move a cattle grid i made up for a mate so the trolley handle come in handy for that,pulled my injectors out as it was getting hard to start and was under powered only to find the engine is coked up pretty bad :cry: and also snaped the cam cover breather pipe so covered my nice clean engine in oil :twisted:
also won a td04 turbo for £28 8) and got a gti6 mainfold to cut up to make a relocation manifold for the turbo so it will sit over the gearbox where the battrey is

[Image: 10871_b_1.jpg]
[Image: 10871_b1_1.jpg]
[Image: 10871_b2_1.jpg]
[Image: 10871_b3_1.jpg]
[Image: 10871_b4_1.jpg]
[Image: 10871_b5_1.jpg]
[Image: 10871_b6_1.jpg]
[Image: 10871_b7_1.jpg]
[Image: 10871_b8_1.jpg]
[Image: 10871_b9_1.jpg]
Like the speakers was thinking of doing stealth version but considering doing them like that
(03-11-2012, 09:18 PM)Tyronnster Wrote: [ -> ]Like the speakers was thinking of doing stealth version but considering doing them like that

thanks
loads of room down there to hide them and they sound good there too,it brings the sound forwards moreCool
done abit of work on it today but it went up in flames Confusedhock:

Big Grin
[Image: 10871_flames1_1.jpg]
[Image: 10871_flames2_1.jpg]
[Image: 10871_flames3_1.jpg]
[Image: 10871_flames4_1.jpg]
is that all just ground off??

that looks epic!
thanks
yep 4 1/2" grinder,will let it rust to see what it looks like but if i dont like it i will grind it back then lacque over it
its sweet man! you manage to get through all the galvanise?
(07-01-2013, 09:17 PM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]its sweet man! you manage to get through all the galvanise?

it's an urban myth . .there're not really galvanised . .Smile
nah, they most certainly are, atleast my ph2 was, you could see it where the paint ahd flaked off onto the back of that beemer... Rofl
Pages: 1 2