306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: help needed sharpish pretty please :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey!
As some of you know my gti6 has had kent cams, bodies and kmc ecu fitted. My speedo and rev gauge won't work,and oil temperature gauge. The original wiring loom is still plugged into the engine sensors and all plugs/connections on back of dials are all ok. Any ideas?
All usual stuff been checked am wondering if any of you clever people would have an idea?
Much love
Tacha
X
have you completely replaced the stock ecu, or is that still dealing with some functions; ie immob etc?
Yeah completely replaced it with kms stand alone ecu
Hmmm you spoken to tsod yet? Might be worth a quick chat...?
sounds like a badly made loom for your new ecu to me. Im pretty damn sure that all the dials youve mentioned run via the edu. I know the rev and speedo certainly do!
Tash you should just take the lot off and give it too me. Be down your way in the morning to pick it up yeah Wink haha

Although I'm going to agree with Niall as he knows his shit, and will probably be right haha
(18-09-2012, 09:58 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]agree with Niall as he knows his shit, and will probably be right haha

Pahahaha
Ever the comedian matt! :-)
Lol matt NO!! Haha,
The loom was a bit of a pain as the one that came with the ecu that was sold to us as 'will go straight into a gti6' actually didn't and there were loads of bits missing so my clever other half made one from new one and original :/ with the help of the guy that sold it to us and all manner of diagrams,forum searches etc so everything is as it should be, but were stuck on this. Graham is an mercedes technician and is pretty damn good but pugs are a bit different lol and far were all good just this one thing then she can go back on the road!!!

The original wiring loom is connected to all the sensors and plugged into the 2 big plugs in the engine bay, would the original wiring loom need a 12 volt feed to power the sensors?
(18-09-2012, 11:57 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-09-2012, 09:58 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]agree with Niall as he knows his shit, and will probably be right haha

Pahahaha

I know right?

Pahahaha

Yeah come on Matt that was a bit of a stupid thing to say. Almost like saying that Phil doesn't look like a kiddie fiddler with that discusting hair of his!

Tasha the rev counter is done off the crank position sensor and will output a voltage to the dials that varies dependant on engine speed. Dont think it's taken directly from the CPS though as they work on AC voltage!
Others, I'll look at wiring diagrams tonight and get back to you
(19-09-2012, 08:41 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]

Pahahaha

Yeah come on Matt that was a bit of a stupid thing to say. Almost like saying that Phil doesn't look like a kiddie fiddler with that discusting hair of his!

Disgusting*
Thanks niall
I would likely think that the issue lies elsewhere for your clocks to all be failing to read.

Does the mileage display? Do the water temperature and the fuel gauges work? Remember that logically, each of the dials get a feed from a different source.
Right just looked. Cant find any sign of the oil level going via the ecu but the speedo and rev counter do. If you pm me your email address, i can email you the wiring diagrams if there any use to you?

oh looks like i can attach it here!
If i'm reading that correctly, speedo feeds the ecu and clocks independently.

If VSS was faulty or not plugged in neither the ECU nor the clocks would know. for the tacho the clocks seem to get their reading via the ECU, which presumably interprets the intermittent signal.

Hence the previous question about if the mileage and other instruments work. Smile
Just an excuse for a vapor digital dash IMO
(19-09-2012, 07:03 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Just an excuse for a vapor digital dash IMO

I have been looking at these this week a mate has just got one for a bike he's built, seems a quality bit of kit
Yep all other gauges work just those 3 that don't! Thanks niall will have a look!
(19-09-2012, 06:09 PM)C2K Wrote: [ -> ]If i'm reading that correctly, speedo feeds the ecu and clocks independently.

If VSS was faulty or not plugged in neither the ECU nor the clocks would know. for the tacho the clocks seem to get their reading via the ECU, which presumably interprets the intermittent signal.

Hence the previous question about if the mileage and other instruments work. Smile

Tacho is taken from the CPS to ecu and goes on from there in form of a varying voltage. Speedo works much the same.
For the tacho not to work, it must be a issue with either the ecu or wiring from the ecu to dials. If the ecu wasnt receiving data from the cps, it would throw a shit fit and probably not start