306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: No Heat :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im a big girl and like having the heaters on in the morning because im cold and fragile when i wake up.. But anyway i have no heat coming from them on the hot setting.
The fans work fine.
The knob other side that directs the air works fine.
The temperature knob feels like it does something and you can hear a noise difference with the fan on 3 or 4 as you turn the knob from hot to cold. which made me think oh holy shit my heater matrix is f*cked but the car warms up and cools down and holds temperature as it should so i really dont know what to check now :/ Any help is much appreciated Smile
does the closed,1,2,3,4 control feel ok mine keeps knocking fans down now and have to fiddle with it to get it workin.

your problem does sound like heater matrix mite be worth trying to flush coolant see if it makes a difference.

i use dishwasher tabs Smile
Yeah the fan control is all good, its a really strange problem if im honest :/
My heater matrix is f*cked and still holds temps fine. I've not had heating or fans in my car for 2 years haha and ed was the same before me :-)
Glass of man the f*ck up in the mornings? Lol
I've had no heating since I've owned the car and haven't been able to work it out either. I think its a very similar problem, the fans etc work and I have flushed the heater matrix to make sure its not blocked. Can't think what else it could be :/
Great.... If its heater matrix i may have to go see darren lol
You can check that your matrix isn't blocked quite easily by unplugging the two hoses and putting a hose into one of them. I'm pretty sure as long as the water goes though easily there is nothing wrong with it.
Again same problem in my Dt and never found a resalution
Think im going to try that tomorrow.. Along with a coolant flush Smile
Anyone know the heating system like the back of their hand and know any other problems we may have?
its the matrix. Run the car untill its hot, turn the heaters and fan on full and check the matrix pipes behind the engine, if one goes cold the matrix is blocked
I'll try that tonight cheers buddy
I had the same with mine over winter, drive 30 miles to work and the top half of the windscreen is still frozen. when you get the old matrix out cut the U-bends off the bottom and you will find most of them are filled with crap
I had this in my old 306. It was an air pocket in the water hoses...
There's a tap at the back of the engine bay, that was opened till water came out, fixed the problem entirely. Not sure if its same problem you have. But easy enough to check. Smile
If the matrix is deffo getting hot, make sure the cable that open / closes the diverter flap is working, if not itl never be warm air lol...when you flip from hot to cold, can you hear the air flow slow down a touch / change in noise? should hear as it gets directed via the heatermatrix...
(18-09-2012, 09:52 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]If the matrix is deffo getting hot, make sure the cable that open / closes the diverter flap is working, if not itl never be warm air lol...when you flip from hot to cold, can you hear the air flow slow down a touch / change in noise? should hear as it gets directed via the heatermatrix...

Yes i can definately hear the change in noise as i change to "hot air" tried the dishwasher tablet tonight, nothing yet but i hardly drove it so i'll give it a day or so and maybe chuck another one in lol
Time for new matrix by sound of it, its really not that bad a job...its made out to be roughtly 200 times as bad as it really is!
Oh man Sad
i had the same problem, found that behind my glove box the cable come off the flap, put it back on and it works fine now, dunno if you have already checked this?
Heater Matrix isnt the worst job in the world as mentioned just take you time and youl be fine Smile
Sucks to hear this Sad as i said; the last time i used the heating it was winter time; i've never needed to use the heating for the last 3/4 months of owning the car. Sure MrLobb can give you a hand with it all!
(19-09-2012, 09:28 AM)ginge191 Wrote: [ -> ]Sucks to hear this Sad as i said; the last time i used the heating it was winter time; i've never needed to use the heating for the last 3/4 months of owning the car. Sure MrLobb can give you a hand with it all!

Its alright bud it wouldnt be fun owning a peugeot without something broke! haha
Does anyone know if i have a chance in hell of shoving a hose pipe up it to try and clear it? Or even pressure washer maybe? Dont really want to buy a new matrix let alone fit one or pay someone to fit one:/
Reverse flushing it can sometimes make it work a tad again, but never fully...only way your gunna fix it is swap it out, there not that expensive...
You can try with flushing, and infact add a coolant flush into your water for half an hour.

It's probably just a good idea to bite the bullet and replace it though. What's gonna happen if you get in your car wet and it's raining outside? Your windows keep steaming up and you can't drive. And have some comfort, there's nothin' wrong with having good heating and it don't make you less of a man.

Darren, how longs it take you for a matrix start to finish? Big Grin
Havent ever timed it, but not long, dont personally see what all the fuss is about!