306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: anyone on hear good with 306 electrics if so please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Iv recently bought a peugeot 306 1.4 2001
I have had an endless amount of problems with it, weve sorted most of problems but am stuck now please can someone shed some light im going out of my mind.

The stop light is on and wont go off
Fans kick in as soon as car is started even from cold and run of for 15 to 20 mins after turning off.
The car is running lumpy
Tries to cut out when pulling off

Had it on a tec machine its bringing up one fault p0115 coolent temp sensor, i have replaced two temp sensors on the engine with brand new ones, checked connections and cleaned earths and the fault is still there .......

Just found out that the rad and fans have been replaced with 1.6 gti ones which do not have a temp switch in the rad (could this be the problem?)

thanks
does your speedo work?
yeah speedo fine clocks fine
Have you checked the relayes on the front of the fan housing to make sure they are not corroded or melted exc?
yeah checked all electrics

but it has had twin fans fitted with gti rad that dont have temp switch in it
I would say the rad maybe your problem then. I presume you have a plug that should be connected to the rad but isnt?
The lumpy idle will be your idle control valve or maybe TPS

Looks like a nice car you have. Shame about the alloys though :-P
have you got a temp switch anywhere?
Hi thanks for helpin, there is 1 temperature sensor on the thermostat housin 1 in the head , and non on or in the rad what so ever, as soon as u earase the code it comes bk with p0115 temp sensor