306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Airbag removal - new MOT regs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all
I have fitted two carbon fibre bucket seats to my '98 td, can I fit brand new seatbelts and have the airbag system removed and pass the new MOT regs.
BW
Russell
Just fit a resistor to the loom under the seats to fudge the airbag light Wink

Edit: Do a search as im not sure what resistor you should use Tongue
(14-09-2012, 06:22 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: [ -> ]Just fit a resistor to the loom under the seats to fudge the airbag light Wink

Edit: Do a search as im not sure what resistor you should use Tongue
I think its 2ohm.
current mot regulations only have te airbag warning light as an advisory. they were meant to bring it in as a fail in april, but never did, and tere is currently no new date for it to be put in place.

that comes from my mot test centre, where the volvo passed with the airbag light on.

so, in conclusion, currently, no worries Smile
Hi
Many thanks for repoly re airbag removal MOT regs.
You've made my day .Went shopping with wife this morning in a really good mood for a change.
BW
Russell
I can confirm that its just a advisery if the air bag light is on as my 6 passed this mornin with the light on Smile
im looking on ebay for a 2 ohm resistor and can only find 2.2 ohm has anyone got a link to the correct resistor i need for under the seats.
From what i have read on tinterweb you need to disconect the airbags and fit a 1.8 - 2 ohm resister
Again I also recently passed my MOT with the airbag light on. You'll be fine! Most mechanics seem to know that 306s are burdened with the airbag light problem anyway
What about if the car obviously doesn't have the airbags that it should do? Like if you have a racing steering wheel then its quite obvious the airbags arent there, even if the light is OK because of resistors..
(15-09-2012, 01:25 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: [ -> ]From what i have read on tinterweb you need to disconect the airbags and fit a 1.8 - 2 ohm resister

Hi
I have a pack of 2.2 ohm resistors but I thought you soldered them across the two pins in the yellow connecto under the original seats. Is this not correct?
BW
Russell
(18-09-2012, 10:05 AM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]What about if the car obviously doesn't have the airbags that it should do? Like if you have a racing steering wheel then its quite obvious the airbags arent there, even if the light is OK because of resistors..

If like me and you havent air bags take the bulb out
So. Can you remove the airbag,fit an aftermarket steering wheel and still get an MOT?
How do the track day 306's with bucket seats ,no airbag and racing seatbels get an MOT?
BW
(18-09-2012, 12:20 PM)Dark cygnet Wrote: [ -> ]So. Can you remove the airbag,fit an aftermarket steering wheel and still get an MOT?
How do the track day 306's with bucket seats ,no airbag and racing seatbels get an MOT?
BW

Duno i know the guys in 3 MOT stations and they say they havent come across a problem with taking the bulb out if you havent got an airbag