306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bonnet removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering how i go about removing my bonnet? Can't figure out how to remove the hydraulic arms.
Got a smooth bonnet and need take the arms etc off mine and put em on my new one.
Thanks Smile
The struts come off by wedging a screwdriver in the metal clip at each end of the strut to pop it off

Obv the hinge is just 2 bolts
All done Smile can anyone tell me what I can use to hold my smooth grill in place? Preferably a screw or something. Thing is can't get under the slam panel to use a nut.
The 4 clips along the top as well as it being held into place by the hockey sticks will hold it in place just fine
Them 4 clips are destroyed lol. They wouldn't come out so pulled em apart with pliers
Did you take them out correctly? You wedge a screwdriver in the top smaller head and the bottom larger head of the stud type thing then pull the top smaller part out and the larger bottom part is just as simple
They were just push in clips. Like the ones holding on rub strips. Couldn't get em out at all do pulled em apart with pliers and pushed the bottoms thru the hole
Yeah that's what they look like but they're like T shaped one inside the other. If you pull the smaller one out then the larger one just falls out pretty much
I don't really get what ya mean pal. It was all one piece. Couldn't get underneath the clip to try push it thru as slam panel goes like all the way round. Was no chance of pulling a clip apart like your saying as I was using pliers, pulling at the circle an bits were ripping off before it came apart?
You need to get either side of the the little push in bit.where as you were tugging at one side. Which allways rips them off.

Ebay : plastic push rivets and get some new ones. Thats all mine is held in with
Cable ties FTW that's what unused for my smooth grill seems to work fine
Cable ties lol

And ye they weren't like that mate. Couldn't get at either side of the clip as what they are pushed into, you can't get underneath to push each side in