306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: iPod storage in your Pug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know, it's probably something you were wondering too.

Got an iPod compatible stereo so need to hide the iPod somewhere in the car. Tracks can be controlled from the headunit, so it doesn't need to be reachable.

Glovebox - first option. Kinda cramped already with sat nav and wheel locking key (after all, it isn't exactly cavernous!)
Ashtray - too shallow (iPod is a touch so quite large)

So come on peeps, what have you come up with?
I usually squeeze it into that small gap below the facia but above the ashtray
Cable tie it under the dash
Put the locking wheel key in the boot to free up some room?
get some velcro tape and velcro it up under the dash or centre console somewhere.
Mine is wired from the rear of the head unit through the dash, and into the glove box.
I'm thinking glove box is best option. I did wonder if anyone had ever had a play with the centre console, where the switches for rear windows would be on a 5 door? That little plastic bucket just lifts out. I could make a little cubby hole there instead. But would the cable reach....not sure.

I need sleep.

Natalie was admitted into the maternity unit last night and I didnt get much sleep. She's ok now though.
I was going to wire mine to the armrest in the same place, but glove box is easy.
Good to hear she's okay man Undecided

You could probably get an extension USB cable but then I think you can start getting to the limits of cable length/data transfer quite quickly (note I don't actually know the limit, I just imagine it's quite short)
I think USB is 5metres for good data transfer, after it gets worse.
(13-09-2012, 07:14 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking glove box is best option. I did wonder if anyone had ever had a play with the centre console, where the switches for rear windows would be on a 5 door? That little plastic bucket just lifts out. I could make a little cubby hole there instead. But would the cable reach....not sure.

Cable should reach and it's a good place to put it instead of glove box.
pop the gear stick gator off ad push it under the front console under the ashtray
Why would you want to drown out the noise of the car with music? Tongue
(13-09-2012, 07:17 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear she's okay man Undecided

You could probably get an extension USB cable but then I think you can start getting to the limits of cable length/data transfer quite quickly (note I don't actually know the limit, I just imagine it's quite short)

This. if you dont ahve electric rear windows you could easily run a cable all the way back to here. Data transfer should be good for the distance as Pompey said!
If you wanted to be really inventive you could remove the rear ashtray, fibreglass/some other material a small shelf with an iPod connector inside, like the dock in those speaker units you can buy. Just slide the iPod in and boom, connected and out the way.

That is however a long winded way that requires a lot of messing around. Doubt it's been done though Wink
I've got mine tucked up inside the center console, by the air vent thats next to your knee
I was thinking about sliding it in where the rear bin is. I hurt myself removing the fecking thing (don't ask) so at the moment we're not talking.

I need to wait for the cable to arrive first, as that's pretty much gonna dictate where I will be able to mount it...