306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Going to change door locks and key barrel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any good tips about changing this would be big time thankfull to you all Smile
The boot/tailgate lock i know how it works thats fine but front door and ignition barrel can be tricky special open the steering cover i quess...might be different screws on it and lengt.
On the doors i need to take off all i quess....

Thanks for advice great English 306 people Smile
the doors have a sliding clip holding them in place if i remember rightly, and i think the ignition barrel has a little clip you have to push in with a small screwdriver or similar...

sorry, thats probably not much help haha! hopefully someone who's done it more recently than me will be along!
Haha great man Smile thanks for reply from you Big Grin
from what i remember, long, flat head screwdriver helps out a fair bit, just try and catch the little clip so you dont lose it in the door Smile
I have a long magnet pin that i ise to pick up lost screws so i use that one to pick it upp iff i should loose it Smile
yes i had read on soem other forums about ignition barrel the best way to use is the original key and make one or to clicks to get it out.
ah yes, that rings a bell, gotta ave te steering lock off to get it out
On the door locks you have a metal c clip that holds the lock in place it just slides off to the left/right then the lock should just come out, i find it best to stuff an old towel down the inside of the doors because you WILL drop that clip when putting the new lock back in and it saves alot of time messing with the magnet every 2 mins lol
Hi m8 ok thanks for answer back i might post down pictures Tongue
But i am going to change locks wright do i also need to change the electric box on rear seat otherwise the sentral locking system wont work wright? Smile
Changing the door locks wont affect the central locking at all, not sure about the key barrel though but i doubt it