306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 3dr d-turbo project pic heavy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ok so some may have seen my thread on another site forgot i was a member on here so thought i would post a project thread here to
firist i bought this of my brother needing a pump with 6months mot for 200 quid have it a right while now fitted a nother lucas pump taxed it away it went and never looked back moted again there in july needing practially nothing ill let the pics do the talking
standard Sad
[Image: 101_1257.jpg]
[Image: 101_1258.jpg]
lowered and straight piped
[Image: 101_1203-1.jpg]
[Image: 101_1204.jpg]
bit of a tune Wink
[Image: 101_1273.jpg]
[Image: 101_1274.jpg]

then a few sumps got bust loom got fried and turbo got replaced with a t2

[Image: 101_1212.jpg]
[Image: 101_1211.jpg]
[Image: 101_1210.jpg]

then this happened Sad
[Image: 101_1339.jpg]
[Image: 101_1334.jpg]

and the new lump
[Image: 101_1341.jpg]

all cleaned up
[Image: 101_1347.jpg]
[Image: 101_1346.jpg]
[Image: 101_1345.jpg]

plans now include bosch pump
hdi box
fmic
remove all traces of a/c
underseal whole car
paint axel
and tidy the body work as it lets it down abit
Owch you had some bad luck , good luck with the engine swap
yea ino but atleast it was all spread over the year and not all at once thanks man decided to do it right now when the engine is out have no real need for the car atm so it means ive plenty of time to sort everything out and iron out any problems i may come across
so good old day all in all got the first coat of paint on the block looks well i must say especially with the head rocker cover and pump bracket so clean painted it black just for handiness was trying to find out what colour the block was when it left the factory as when mine was cleaned up it looked a dark green colour
also thinking of a colour change down the line and a phase 1 front end some might disagree with me here but prefer it to a phase 3 front end.the colours i was thinking of are cossack grey 1 of my absaloute fav colours in them and my other fave kingfisher green or if any of you guys have an idea of a colour please let me no basically i want this car to be clean and as oem looking as possible with few stuble mods that would go unnoticed if you didnt know they were there
Nice D-Turbo project mate!!
thanks was slow for a while money was tight so this was put on the back boiler the only good thing is i do it all myself which helps project bills but now everything should move along quite quickly well engine wise anyway
(11-09-2012, 08:01 PM)jonny1.6 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks was slow for a while money was tight so this was put on the back boiler the only good thing is i do it all myself which helps project bills but now everything should move along quite quickly well engine wise anyway
keep the colour and ph1 it. i was thinking of doing ph1 to mine but not sure yet.
nice project mate, Im to scared to drive green cars tho.... for some reason the police dont like me driving them etheir
(11-09-2012, 10:25 PM)thethorne Wrote: [ -> ]nice project mate, Im to scared to drive green cars tho.... for some reason the police dont like me driving them etheir

The police dont like you driving at all lol
Keep the colour it's different, but yea ph1 front end it Big Grin
dont you dare respray it! i want my venetian back Sad

nice otherwise dude, my fave colour for a 306
Not surprised at the sump in the slightest given the felt spec ride height.
thanks for all the comments guys yea i like the ventian to think i will just keep th colour i like it 2 deffo going to phase 1 it though felt spec ride hight? its only lowered 60mm at the front and 2 nicks at the back acc not a low looking in real life to be fair plus they were a/c sumps which are lower theres a hdi 406 sump there now seem to be bit stronger than the d-turbo a/c sump
bit of an update finished painting the block and got sick of waiting for a engine crane so decided to take at it and strip all i needed of that engine so i could continue on with the rebuild so anyway got inlet mani off and turbo off all i need now is the altanator and the oil pump shall take few pic tomorrow
engine is now out thank god was bit of a struggle doing it meself but no matter its out will get pics up later on
another pic of the damage dont know weather you can make it out but thats the garage you can see through the block
[Image: 101_1350.jpg]

the other engine near ready to go in Smile
[Image: 101_1351.jpg]

empty bay
[Image: 101_1349.jpg]

then 2 random pics of the mess i leave behind and a random turbo pic
[Image: 101_1353.jpg]
[Image: 101_1354.jpg]

maybe if tomorrow is good will get the box on and get it in the bay atleast just the sump and oil pump to change now
quick question guys can the box be fitted when the engine is in the car as me mate needs his crane back today Sad
yes it can. did mine while engine was still in
How would you change the clutch if not? Lol
wasnt thinking straight yesterday atall men on the plus side though sold the gear box i got with this new engine so it working out to £40 for engine at the moment there also a near new clutch on it to so big plus 1 there
Well got good bit done 2day got the engine and box in and put the shafts in also went and got 2 new trackrod ends oil etc so hopin will be running tomorrow if I can get my hands on a starter motor ohh and a bonnet hinge

happy days just after i updated this last night a mate landed round with a starter so well chuffed only wanted a tenner for it aswell
all this rush for nothing loosing me license now so rushed about to get the car all sorted and this happens ah well it shall still be a ongoing project and updated regularly all been well got the engine running the other day sounds ok to be fair will try and get pics up 2morrow sometime
how come your losing your licence?
Bad times about your license dude not the best new to be honest ill be keeping an eye on the build and see how far it goes chap
well it was kind of my own fault loosing it really rather not disclose y over the internet but havnt lost it just yet but all the plans still stand atm but finding money is the problem at the miniute
(03-10-2012, 09:48 AM)jonny1.6 Wrote: [ -> ]well it was kind of my own fault loosing it really rather not disclose y over the internet but havnt lost it just yet but all the plans still stand atm but finding money is the problem at the miniute
Felt specc'd suspension with no springs on stock shocks? haha.

Sorry to hear about your licence mate, love the colour of this, good luck with it Big Grin
only lowered 60mm all round yea hated the colour at the start but it has grown on me not many about here this colour, cheers mate havnt lost it just yet awaiting corut sommons at the moment so fingers crossed for that
if you say you need your licence for work they may just give you a fine. just dont do what ever you did again lol
yea was thinking that might work but ill be the firist 2 admit im no driving saint and already lost the books before but we shall see what happens
bit of a update just ordered a front mount of ebay there time to get this project shifting a bit quicker,also come pay day i shall be going around all the breakers near me in search for inlet manifold and some pipe work and ordering a slim line fan, ohh and is 1 12" slim line ok?
Pages: 1 2 3