306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bonnet wont stay up!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok so i got the car back after the MOT, went to pop the bonnet and the bloody thing nearly took my head off coming back down! It was absolutly fine before it went to the garage. My question is it a common problem for the struts to fail or is it sabotage ha. Can it be fixed? Currently have a bit of wood rattling around the boot to wedge the bonnet open when needed ha.

Any ideas?
Just get some new bonnet gas struts mate. When I say new I mean nip down the scrappy and whip some off an old motor!
may have to do so, just strange that all of a sudden their knakerd but i suppose has the joy of owning a french car ha
They both simultaneously failed? One is enough to keep the bonnet up .... as said, local scrappers though, or butcher up your mums sweeping brush
(09-09-2012, 02:21 PM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]They both simultaneously failed? One is enough to keep the bonnet up .... as said, local scrappers though, or butcher up your mums sweeping brush

i did think the same, very strange and i dont think mother would be happy with me taking a saw to the broom ha.
Best option i think is the scrappy ha, cheers chaps
ive got two spare Smile
(09-09-2012, 04:18 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]ive got two spare Smile

You have! Lol. Cheers bud but it's not too major at the min. Gonna save the pennies and get my suspension on first. Im sure my trusty peice of wood shall suffice for a moment ha.
Having problems keeping it up, eh?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKldZ9VNAwijP2CKlXiHM...XKXq5x1GYb]
(09-09-2012, 04:52 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Having problems keeping it up, eh?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKldZ9VNAwijP2CKlXiHM...XKXq5x1GYb]

Ahh and it begins, I did wonder how long it would take lol. But on a serious note you ain't got any of those for sale have ya ha.
knowing chris, he probably does to be fair...
Your letting the family down asking for them boy shouldn't need em for a few years yet lol

Though if your stuck just ask bruv ha ha
Na I dont need them, like I said I've got wood! Ha