306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What does this wire do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apologies for the useless pictures but this wire is from the drivers side wheel arch, kinda looks like an earth but not sure what for, any help would be awesome.

[Image: 27122011341.jpg]

[Image: 27122011344.jpg]
Looks like the low brake pad warning light
Nah from where it is I reckon its the side repeater wiring
First pic looks like side repeater, but second looks like its going to the calliper
Could be the spare horn plug thats in the front arch assuming its on the n/s
Just checked haynes, side repeaters are powered by a white wire on ph1s
Quick way to check... does your side repeater work? If not then that wire needs fixing lol
i'm going with side repeater wiring
NiallHarper Wrote:Could be the spare horn plug thats in the front arch assuming its on the n/s

There's a spare horn plug!? Ahh sweet! two-tone horn coming up!
Yea its the side repeater, having no arch liner probs broke it. Thanks people.
Garlicbread Wrote:Yea its the side repeater, having no arch liner probs broke it. Thanks people.

The earth goes just abpve the wheel arch, under between the indicator unit/headlight unit and comes out from a cluster if that helps - ALSO had this on mine Sad
Jacko Wrote:
NiallHarper Wrote:Could be the spare horn plug thats in the front arch assuming its on the n/s

There's a spare horn plug!? Ahh sweet! two-tone horn coming up!

There is on the ph3s anyway. Not sure about earlier models. It's taped up in the arch to the wiring loom that runs through there.
Quote:What does this wire do?

Transport electricity lmao
NiallHarper Wrote:There is on the ph3s anyway. Not sure about earlier models. It's taped up in the arch to the wiring loom that runs through there.

Damnit, stupid Ph.2 Sad
Jacko Wrote:
NiallHarper Wrote:There is on the ph3s anyway. Not sure about earlier models. It's taped up in the arch to the wiring loom that runs through there.

Damnit, stupid Ph.2 Sad
no there is on phase 2 as well ... they planned for the shitty horns swallowing water !!!
THIS i need to find.. Big Grin
it's not for a spare horn, they are supposed to have two, it's what makes the sound cut through . .Smile
There is on Ph1s too just for the record... well theres 2 plugs exactly the same on mine
I only have one horn?
They all have 1 horn (except grant, but hes a f*cking nutter)
Haha, thought mine was normal until then so it's fine