306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Window switch stopped workin HELP!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone just wondering if you could help how to get me window back up?? Im guessin take door card off and push it up??

Its not the switch thats gone its the wiring harness into the door as ad problems before and managed to get it goin but its packed up now
Open the door and get someone to repeatedly move the switch while you fiddle with the wires . If that doesnt work take the door card off unclip the glass push it up and wedge it with some wood Smile
I lost my temper i can hear electrics fusing and the lights on switch dim cudnt get my forarms in to unclip glass and its gone midnight so undid the motor and put it up f*ck knows how am gettin it back on when sorted wiring but at least its semi secure for the night thanks for the reply anyway pal appreciate it
No worrys mate. i had similar happen to me and i ended up cutting the wires to the motor in temper lol Smile
Well i ripped the cables out n everythin so could get the bastard window up haha think gona have to replace a few bits now lol wil be a wanted thread very soon haha
Also for anyone viewing this and can shed a bit of light. when i press the drivers side swith for the passenger window theres a strange noise from the passenger door, but the passenger switch works fine on passenger door and window goes up and down

The drivers switch lights also go out and makes a funny noise between fuse box and door loom connection

Cant think what it is unless its just a case of a faulty switch or theres a faulty wire but would imagine the wire to blow a fuse or burn out or something

Any ideas
Fuses will only blow if the current exceeds what the fuse is rated to.
More than likely a really bad connection in the door loom causing high resistance. That could cause your weird problems.
(07-09-2012, 08:20 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Fuses will only blow if the current exceeds what the fuse is rated to.
More than likely a really bad connection in the door loom causing high resistance. That could cause your weird problems.

Thanks for reply Niall, the loom does look like its hard something done in past but i havent owned car very long, going to take it auto electricians as im fed up now ive pretty much re-wired the engine bay as it was a pikey job bought it with jump lead wire as earths and allsorts Jammapic can vouch for this.

But the noise is coming from the loom and just behind dash so like you said more than likely a dodgy connection will let them investigate otherwise box of matches and a can pf petrol are a solution lol
right i have been auto electricians and found the problem its not the connector from the chassis but the one in the actual door the pin for window wire has corroded and just fell out jsut then so going to make a new pin as its fallen out he said i can just put one in

Or i can get a new door connector and solder this in either way gona get it fixed but need a window regulator kit now as ive f*cked the wire u[p haha
Yeah sounds right. The plug design they used on the doors, and few in the engine bay are shite. The pins corrode so easily. Best to take them all out and cover them in lighter fluid and give them a good scrubbing to get rid of the green shit
yeah think im going to do that i got it working before by rolling some copper wire and puttting inbetween the corroded connector and works so will have it sorted jus screwed regulator up but kits are cheap enough on fleabay lol