306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Hot dodgy relay..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I post this on the mk-ivs but its shit so thought i'd ask you lot aswell because im not clued up.. Basically on my mums bora there is a relay playing up, but when i jiggle it, it begins to work again its also gets very hot.. Would replacing the relay fix the problem or should is it more likely to be the where it plugs into? Thanks for the help Smile
maybe and yes

its probably a loose connection either in the plug of a broken wire in the relay itself
Well for the 14quid it cost from vw i'll get mum to buy a new one just for the sake of it... I did think it was un naturally hot for a relay :/
dude dont do it! all relays are the same either 4 or 5 pin! on the bottom they have the numbers 30. which is your constant 12v live
85. is to earth
86 is your switching feed
and 87 is what ever your powering
relays cost pennies mate Smile
(20-09-2012, 09:45 PM)Joe Wrote: [ -> ]dude dont do it! all relays are the same either 4 or 5 pin! on the bottom they have the numbers 30. which is your constant 12v live
85. is to earth
86 is your switching feed
and 87 is what ever your powering
relays cost pennies mate Smile

It was an ignition relay, had 2 chunky great pins and 2 notmal size ones, my local facotrs said it was main dealer job, seems to have fixed the problem touch wood Smile
Trust VAG to make them an odd size so its not as simple as getting a cheap one.
thats what connectors are for Wink