306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: breaking peugeuot 306
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im breaking my peugeuot 306 d turbo due to an engine fault. All parts are being taken of and need to be sold asap. The car has only done 67 odd thousand miles and iinterior is in good condition. The car is green phase 2 and a 1997 yr. Any more information you would like on parts or prices just reply or email xkat1990x@hotmail.com
(04-09-2012, 10:01 AM)kat Laflin Wrote: [ -> ]Im breaking my peugeuot 306 d turbo due to an engine fault. All parts are being taken of and need to be sold asap. The car has only done 67 odd thousand miles and iinterior is in good condition. The car is green phase 2 and a 1997 yr. Any more information you would like on parts or prices just reply or email xkat1990x@hotmail.com

pictures would be helpfull Tongue
Yeah will add some pictures once i no how to do it lol. No idea how i use this
Click "new reply" then you can add them as attachments to the post
Aaah right cheers ill pop some up later
What was the engine fault? There's nothing to go wrong electrically/sensor wise, so it can only be something tragic like a spat rod or broken pump... Or nothing!! lol
Yeah broken fuel pump something to do with that anyway wouldn't fire up
Sure it's not just the live from the battery to the stop solenoid come loose? Could be a VERY cheap fix if so....

Even if it is the pump; £30 on here or from a scrappers should get you a nice bosch conversion kit which takes a couple of hours to fit! be silly not Tongue
Definitely worth a new pump, such a low miler!
What this tappy guy says .. ^^^^^^
Its altready in bits took it to 3 different mechanics no one had a clue got a fuel pump from a breakers yard tried 3 differentones still wouldn't start

Got it wrong car had done 73 or 76 thousand miles

Shame really as like u said low mileage was very gutted noone could find the problem
(04-09-2012, 12:22 PM)kat Laflin Wrote: [ -> ]Its altready in bits took it to 3 different mechanics no one had a clue got a fuel pump from a breakers yard tried 3 differentones still wouldn't start

Got it wrong car had done 73 or 76 thousand miles

Shame really as like u said low mileage was very gutted noone could find the problem

Where you based? How many bits is it in?

I bet you anything it was dodgy wires to the stop solenoid. Mechanics generally know shit-all about idi engines cause "it doesnt have a plug to read the fault codes". Seems you need a degree in electrical engineering and no practical knowledge these days....
That or the timing's way out, but I've had the camplate in the pump 180degrees out before and it still ran when we turned up the fuel enough!!
Only other thing it could be is air in the fuel lines. which is more than likely a perished priming bulb. Either way all of the above are ridiculously easy fixes, and imo it'd be rude not to!!

Also, the car can almost be in its constituent parts and you can still have it back together in a couple of days if you put your mind to it!
All interior taken out so nothing left inside car. Some engine bits been taken of. So basically all in parts lol based stowmarket area. Ill be very gutted if wat ur sayings right and my car has been broken up for nothing. I just thought wasn't worth the hassle or money for garages to look they said it could cos me hundreds the length of fine they said it was taking to look

Think the timing was checked think from wat i remember it was out but they sorted it and still wouldn't run
(04-09-2012, 01:01 PM)kat Laflin Wrote: [ -> ]All interior taken out so nothing left inside car. Some engine bits been taken of. So basically all in parts lol based stowmarket area. Ill be very gutted if wat ur sayings right and my car has been broken up for nothing. I just thought wasn't worth the hassle or money for garages to look they said it could cos me hundreds the length of fine they said it was taking to look

Think the timing was checked think from wat i remember it was out but they sorted it and still wouldn't run

what engine bits? Thing about these is it's so easy to get parts for them. I'm sure someone upgrading to a gti6 interior would have spares and it's literally 8bolts to put both front seats back in and iirc 4 to put the rears back in...

When you say it wouldn't start, was it just turning over turning over without catching at all? Or was it spluttering like it was nearly starting? Was it turning over slowly or really quickly?

Honestly, these things are so easy and cheap to fix, I'd call a halt on stripping it and see what info you can glean from the forum before breaking it!!!

I also think you're really close to a few of the EA members most of whom are pretty handy with these engines. Be well worth your while popping up a thread requesting help on it; I'm sure people would travel down to help you out for a few beer tokens!

EDIT:

Seats:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-GT...2a2223c024

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-RA...2c67c5d30f

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-3d...4d03ebeae6
Think it was sputtering like wen it went wrong i was on the road n the speed was going down then it literally smoked like a tractor and then kept murdering wen driving back then wNtdd i took it to garage it had to rev high to start even then it juddered and still smoked awfully was literally running like shit so man told me get diesel pump tried 3 pumps he fitted n it then wouldn't start took it somewhere else they checked timing and is it egr or something then took somewhere else n he had no idea n still couldn't get it started proper can't remember how it was running wen he done it but he told me it wasn't worth fixing. He said scrap it but was such good condition i thought id sell as parts

Meant to say juddering not murdering. Sorry for such a massive reply
no problem, more info makes it easier to try to work out what went wrong.

You do realise you can get a complete new engine for about £60? Properly easy to fit too, just gotta take the slam panel off the front of the car....

was it very low on fuel at the time? What colour was the smoke, black, blue or grey/white?

Highly doubt it was anything to do with the egr...!
Like a black it was like smoking across the hole road and it bloody stank. Amni right though better to try sell as parts rather than scrap?they might not of said egr just pretty sure they said might of been not sure though
Black is over-fuelling. Could be an obstruction in the inlet tract or the turbo? Has that been checked at all?

Personally, if you've even vaguely mechanically minded it's not too hard a job to swap a new engine in, but it does sound like a simple fix. There's so little to go wrong with these engines, it shouldn't be too hard to solve it, and as you say it would be a shame to get rid of another one if it's possible it could be perfectly good with a bit of tlc!

Moneywise you'll DEFS get more breaking it than scrapping....
Im not entirely sure if that was checked. Bet it really would of been something so simple im very gutted lol especially of the fact of the low mileage cause before it went wrong i looked at going prices for car that mileage n could of got quite a bit for it...very gutted.... Well i made one right choice not to scrap then n sell as parts just hoping on here I'll find people who are after parts.
Always easy to sell bits from these tbf, especially with such low mileage. Get a list of prices and some pics up and you'll get much more interest. Smile

And don't trust "pro" mechanics again! Wink
there may even be some one here that would buy it complete
Cheers ill take some pikkies and get some prices up. No lol i should of thought to come on here before i decided pulling it to bits n seen if anyone had any ideas as to wat ith may of been wrong with it
Get pics up ASAP. Quite a few of us local to you who can help or buy it off you :p
good shout jordan ^^^ Big Grin
hi do you know what turbo the car had on it? as may be interested
...I'm still with ed on this one, stop the breaking and chuck a couple of quid at it, and get it running. I'm sure a few peeps on here would be happy to get it going again, albeit a few cuppa teas and some beer tokens...
At this minute im not too sure as soon as i no ill let u no
Dude, see the light don't break this. A new fuel pump won't cost a lot at all, plus there will be local members who will be willing to help
I wish i could but its too late now :-( really gutted i didn't think to come on this before and ask for help
It's never too late? what have you sold? if its seats you can have my old set free of charge, don't wanna see you rid a decent engine over nothing
Pages: 1 2