306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Ebay: 2.0 Turbo 5Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/track-day-car-..._500wt_949

Not sure if thats good value or not lol
To be honest the whole thing just looks a mess. If you want a track car you'd be better off doing the work yourself in my opinion. Plus insurance companies aren't overly keen on engine changes.
With out looking at the ebay link as im on my phone. I bet this is a white phase 1.
It's not the worst effort i've ever seen. Gone to great length to strip weight out, has a decent racing battery and that. Looks rough around the edges and mismatched wheels are always a fail, but it is a track car after all not a show queen.

I wouldn't buy it but it's not the worst base you could buy. Trailer job though not RWYB.
(01-09-2012, 10:01 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: [ -> ]With out looking at the ebay link as im on my phone. I bet this is a white phase 1.

Correctamundo

Track car? Too many doors for that. At least start with a slightly lighter 3dr
Is a 3 door really that much lighter?
Thing with the 3dr vs 5dr is that with a 3dr you're already winning before you've started. 5 door is grandad spec.
But it's a 2.0 8v Turbo...

Literally the worst engine Peugeot made.... It's less powerful than a GTi6 and weighs the same and uses more fuel and is less spankable....
Back in the day these engines were transplanted to 205s and they were reasonably rapid. But like Ruan says, the 8V lump is really rather pants - and don't these engines only make like 150 horses?
(04-09-2012, 08:41 AM)c.a.r. Wrote: [ -> ]Back in the day these engines were transplanted to 205s and they were reasonably rapid. But like Ruan says, the 8V lump is really rather pants - and don't these engines only make like 150 horses?
as standard i think they were something like 120bhp, the 16v makes around 135 iirc
but yeah pathetic either way